Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds
San Antonio Missions (7-7) at Nashville Sounds (4-10)
Game #15/Away Game #8
Saturday, April 20, 6:35 p.m.
First Tennessee Park
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Burch Smith (1-0, 0.82) vs. LHP Taylor Hearn (1-2, 3.86)
Let's Try This Again: The Missions are playing their first game since Wednesday night after rain postponed their Thursday matchup with the Memphis Redbirds as well as last night's game against Nashville. Thursday's game will be made up on May 27 as part of a doubleheader and last night's game will be made up Sunday as part of a doubleheader. The Nashville Sounds also had issues with the weather Thursday as their game against Round Rock had to be suspended in the bottom of the second inning. They will complete that game on May 27.
vs. Nashville: San Antonio and Nashville are facing off for the fifth time this season and for the first time in Nashville. The Missions and Sounds split their series in San Antonio from April 12-15. The Sounds won the opening game and the series finale.
Welcome Back: For the first time since Opening Night on April 4, Missions outfielder Troy Stokes Jr. will be active and ready to play. Stokes was placed on the Injured List and has been inactive since April 6 dealing with an oblique injury. With Corey Ray now being placed on the Injured List, it is a welcome return for Stokes. In his one game this season, Stokes is 2-for-3 with a run scored, a walk, and a strikeout.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
Tom Haudricourt (@Haudricourt)
#Brewers INF prospect Mauricio Dubon is picking up where he left off before tearing ACL early last season. Has homered in last two games, and since 0-for-11 start to season is batting .327 over last 12 games for @missionsmilb with 8 R, 4 SB, 6 RBI and .867 OPS.
Tom Haudricourt (@Haudricourt)
I wasn't sure if #Brewers 3B prospect Lucas Erceg would be assigned to AAA level to start season but he was and is doing great for @missionsmilb. Over last nine games, has 3 HRs, 8 RBI, .370 BA, .500 OBP and 1.278 OPS.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Big Fourth Inning Helps Cubs to 11-1 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Gomber's Gem Helps Redbirds Split with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Capture 11-1 Victory over Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Erceg and Smith Lead Missions' Charge - San Antonio Missions
- Express Complete Epic Comeback in Doubleheader Split - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Drops Opener against San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Win on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Takes Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Offense comes alive in rout of Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Fresno's staff stymies Las Vegas in 3-1 win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Friday Night Spoiled After 4-1 Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Blank Tacoma in Series Opener Behind Castellani's Quality Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative