Sacramento Takes Series Opener
The Salt Lake Bees opened a four game series in Sacramento on Friday night with an 11-5 loss to the River Cats.
The Bees took a 1-0 lead in the second on a leadoff home run by Jose Rojas, his second homer of the season. It was all Sacramento the rest of the way, as they took the lead with three runs in the second and added three more in the third, two in the fourth, two in the fifth and one more in the sixth. Salt Lake scored three runs in their half of the fifth on an RBI double by Jared Walsh and a two run double by former Bingham High and BYU star Brennon Lund. The Bees' last run came on a solo homer in the sixth by Jose Briceno, his third of the season.
Salt Lake starter Alex Klonowski (0-2) took the loss, as he went three and one-third innings and allowed eight runs, six earned, on nine hits with one walk and one strikeout. The eleven runs for Sacramento marked the third time in the last four games that the Bees have given up ten or more runs. Walsh led the Bees with two hits and one run batted in, while Ty Kelly reached all four times he came to the plate with two hits and two walks.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Big Fourth Inning Helps Cubs to 11-1 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Gomber's Gem Helps Redbirds Split with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Capture 11-1 Victory over Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Erceg and Smith Lead Missions' Charge - San Antonio Missions
- Express Complete Epic Comeback in Doubleheader Split - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Drops Opener against San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Win on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Takes Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Offense comes alive in rout of Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Fresno's staff stymies Las Vegas in 3-1 win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Friday Night Spoiled After 4-1 Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Blank Tacoma in Series Opener Behind Castellani's Quality Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Los Angeles Angels Extend Invitations to Four Minor League Affiliates
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign