Friday Night Spoiled After 4-1 Loss to El Paso
Reno, Nevada - El Paso's Jerry Keel was the story Friday night. The left-hander shut down the Aces' bats going seven innings, allowing one run, four hits, while striking out four. He even added an RBI of his own going 1-for-3 at the plate. Both of Keel's wins in 2019 have come against the Aces. Reno struck first courtesy of an RBI double by Travis Snider in the top of the fourth inninng scoring first baseman Kevin Cron. However, the lead would not last long as the Chihuahuas would answer back in the bottom half of the inning scoring all four of their runs.
Josh Naylor sent a screaming line drive home run to right field to tie the game at one off right-hander Kevin McCanna making his Triple-A debut. El Paso proceeded to load the bases in the inning and score three more runs on two bloop singles and a sacrifice fly off the bat off center fielder Michael Gettys. McCanna was decent in his debut going 3.1 innings allowing just two earned runs. The Aces will send Taylor Widener to the hill Saturday against El Paso. He faced the Chihuahuas earlier this week going five innings allowing three runs in the suspended game on April 15.
Top Performers - Reno
Travis Snider (1-for-3, 2B, RBI)
Kevin Cron (1-for-3 2B, R)
Stefan Crichton (2.2 IP, 0 ER, 2 K)
Top Performers - El Paso
Josh Naylor (1-for-4, HR, RBI, R)
Michael Gettys (1-for-3, RBI)
Jerry Keel (7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 4 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Saturday April 20 El Paso Chihuahuas RHP Taylor Widener vs. TBD 6:05 p.m. PDT KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Hey, Old Friend: Kevin McCanna made his Triple-A/Aces debut tonight in El Paso thowing 3.1 innings allowing two earned runs. He was reunited with a former college teammate in the process, Jon Duplantier. The pitchers were teammates for two seasons at Rice University in 2014 and 2015. In 2014, McCanna won eight games in 12 starts for the Owls holding batters to just a .247 batting average against. Duplantier made the Conference USA All-Freshman team that season primarly out of the bullpen. He lost three games in 2014, two to Texas and one to Texas Tech. Both went on the play in the College World Series that year. In 2015, McCanna went 7-3 with a 2.96 ERA and went on to be drafted in the 15th round that June by Houston. Duplantier did not pitch in 2015 as he was sidelined with an injury.
He keeps hitting: El Paso's Ty France entered tonight's game on the leaderboard of 10 different PCL offensive categories (AB's, Runs, Hits, Doubles, HR, RBI, Total Bases, OBP, Slugging, and Average). He leads the PCL in at-bats, runs, total bases and tied for the RBI lead. Tonight he went 1-for-2 with a double, run scored, and a walk.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Big Fourth Inning Helps Cubs to 11-1 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Gomber's Gem Helps Redbirds Split with Round Rock - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Capture 11-1 Victory over Dodgers - Iowa Cubs
- Erceg and Smith Lead Missions' Charge - San Antonio Missions
- Express Complete Epic Comeback in Doubleheader Split - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Drops Opener against San Antonio - Nashville Sounds
- Baby Cakes Win on Walk-Off Wild Pitch - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 20, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- Sacramento Takes Series Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Offense comes alive in rout of Bees - Sacramento River Cats
- Fresno's staff stymies Las Vegas in 3-1 win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Friday Night Spoiled After 4-1 Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Blank Tacoma in Series Opener Behind Castellani's Quality Start - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- Nevada Women's Fund Announces Event Chair, Aces GM Emily Jaenson, Keynote Speaker, Dr. Jen Welter, for 2020 Salute to Women of Achievement Luncheon
- Zack Bayrouty Named New Voice of the Reno Aces
- Hot Stove Luncheon to Feature Former MLB All-Star Orlando Hudson, Josh Barfield
- Chris Cron Back for Second Season at the Helm, Entire Field Staff Returns
- Archie & Truckee to Make Christmas Morning Visit to Renown Children's Hospital