Nodler and O'Reilly Named to Team USA Roster for World Junior A Challenge
Force forwards Josh Nodler and Ryan O'Reilly have been selected to represent the United States at the World Junior A Challenge in Bonnyville, Alberta from Dec. 9-14.
Nodler, in his first full season with the Force, was the Force's first round pick in the 2017 USHL Futures Draft. The 17-year-old out of Oak Park, Michigan ranks third on the Force roster with 13 points (4-9-13) in 14 games this year. Nodler scored 22 (4-18-22) points in 18 games for Honeybaked U16 last season. He also appeared in four games with the NTDP last year. Nodler is committed to Michigan State University.
O'Reilly is also in his first season with the Force. The Detroit Red Wings prospect has eight points (4-4-8) in 14 games for Fargo so far this season. He had 34 points (21-13-34) in 45 games last season with the Madison Capitols. The Southlake, Texas native is committed to Denver University.
The World Junior A Challenge is an annual tournament that has been taking place since 2007 that features the best Junior A players from the United States, Canada, Russia, and various other countries. Team USA has competed in the tournament since 2008, winning seven gold, one silver, and three bronze medals.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Stampede Rally to Top Stars in OT - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Drop Capitols in Overtime, 4-3 - Chicago Steel
- Fargo Topples Dubuque 4-2 with Two in the Third - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Late Goal Pushes Phantoms to Victory - Youngstown Phantoms
- Storm Stingy at Young Arena - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Let Late Lead Slip Away in OT Loss to Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- Central Illinois Falls to Youngstown After Late Third Period Tally - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Trevor Janicke and Cal Kiefiuk Named to Team USA Roster - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- 3 RoughRiders to Compete in World Junior a Challenge - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Capitols Host Steel Friday - Madison Capitols
- Phantoms Gear up for Thanksgiving Weekend Series - Youngstown Phantoms
- Johnson Named to U.S. Junior Select Team - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Shane Pinto Named to U.S. Junior Select Team - Lincoln Stars
- Saints Set for Two at Home - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Nodler and O'Reilly Named to Team USA Roster for World Junior A Challenge - Fargo Force
- Mastrosimone Named to World Junior A Roster - Chicago Steel
- Preview - Stars vs Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- USHL Players to Compete in 2018 World Junior a Challenge - USHL
- Hawks Celebrate Another Alumni Call-Up - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Black Hawks Remember Pearl Harbor - Waterloo Black Hawks
- United States Hockey League Team to Take Ice with Helmets Painted by Local Amatuer Artists to Raise Money for Young Cancer Patients - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Announce Roster Moves - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.