3 RoughRiders to Compete in World Junior a Challenge
USA Hockey unveiled today the U.S. Junior Select Team, set to compete in the 2018 World Junior A Challenge from December 9-16 in Bonnyville, AB. All 21 players selected currently play in the USHL. The team includes 12 forwards, seven defensemen and two goaltenders.
12 different USHL teams are represented on the roster, including six teams with multiple players: Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (3), Sioux City Musketeers (3), Tri-City Storm (3), Central Illinois Flying Aces (2), Fargo Force (2) and Waterloo Black Hawks (2).
The roster includes 10 players that were named to Monday's NHL Central Scouting Updated Players to Watch List in preparation for the 2019 NHL Draft including Grant Silianoff (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders). Defenseman, Mitch Miller and Goaltender, Blake Pietila round out the RoughRiders trio of players competing.
Head Coach Mark Carlson says "I'm very proud of our players. It will be a great experience playing for Team USA".
The World Junior A Challenge is in its 13th year, and the United States is competing for the 12th time. The United States will once again be joined by Canada East, Canada West, the Czech Republic and Russia. The United States has captured the World Junior A Challenge title seven times, including four gold medals in the last six years (2012-14, 2016).
The RoughRiders' next home game is Saturday November 24th when they take on the Waterloo Black Hawks. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 319-247-0340 or by going online at www.roughridershockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 16, 2018
- Stampede Rally to Top Stars in OT - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Steel Drop Capitols in Overtime, 4-3 - Chicago Steel
- Fargo Topples Dubuque 4-2 with Two in the Third - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Late Goal Pushes Phantoms to Victory - Youngstown Phantoms
- Storm Stingy at Young Arena - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Stars Let Late Lead Slip Away in OT Loss to Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- Central Illinois Falls to Youngstown After Late Third Period Tally - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- Trevor Janicke and Cal Kiefiuk Named to Team USA Roster - Central Illinois Flying Aces
- 3 RoughRiders to Compete in World Junior a Challenge - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Capitols Host Steel Friday - Madison Capitols
- Phantoms Gear up for Thanksgiving Weekend Series - Youngstown Phantoms
- Johnson Named to U.S. Junior Select Team - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Shane Pinto Named to U.S. Junior Select Team - Lincoln Stars
- Saints Set for Two at Home - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Nodler and O'Reilly Named to Team USA Roster for World Junior A Challenge - Fargo Force
- Mastrosimone Named to World Junior A Roster - Chicago Steel
- Preview - Stars vs Stampede - Lincoln Stars
- USHL Players to Compete in 2018 World Junior a Challenge - USHL
- Hawks Celebrate Another Alumni Call-Up - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Black Hawks Remember Pearl Harbor - Waterloo Black Hawks
- United States Hockey League Team to Take Ice with Helmets Painted by Local Amatuer Artists to Raise Money for Young Cancer Patients - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Announce Roster Moves - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cedar Rapids RoughRiders Stories
- RoughRiders Triumph over Lancers
- Millar Named USHL's Defenseman of the Week
- RoughRiders Sweep Pair of Wins at USHL's Fall Classic
- RoughRiders Add Goaltender
- RoughRiders Add Forward from Tri-City