#MLSIsBack=21 Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvNE
FC Dallas and its new-look roster kick off the 2019 MLS season against the New England Revolution on Saturday, March 2 at 3:30 PM at Toyota Stadium in a match presented by Toyota. This is the only meeting between the two clubs in MLS this season.
Matchday Details You Need to Know:
Gameday Social: #FCDvNE
Scarfers: Nico and Jonathan Clavijo
TV Broadcast Details: 3:30 PM on Texas 21 and the FCDTV Network
Radio Broadcast Details: FCDallas.com/Radio (English) and 1270 AM (Spanish)
5 Things to Know about #FCDvNE
New Year, New Coach
New head coach Luchi Gonzalez has been entrusted to lead FC Dallas into the future after the club and former coach Oscar Pareja parted ways at the end of 2018. At 38-years-old, Gonzalez is the second youngest head coach in MLS (after Anthony Hudson of the Colorado Rapids) and his philosophy of quick ball movement and attacking soccer promises to bring a fresh look to FC Dallas and MLS as he makes his professional head coaching debut on Saturday. In their debuts for the club, FC Dallas head coaches have accumulated a record of 1-2-3 in their first games in charge.
It's been a busy summer for FC Dallas on the transfer front. The team said goodbye to a few familiar faces over the offseason, but also welcomed new ones with the high-profile arrivals of Czech striker Zden?k Ondráek, Honduran international Bryan Acosta and Brazilian defender Bressan.
Building on Preseason Success
FC Dallas will be looking to build on its promising preseason form when it faces New England on Saturday. Dallas had a productive preseason with three wins over Seattle Sounders, Real Salt Lake and New York Red Bulls en route to the Mobile Mini Sun Cup title- a preseason exhibition tournament held in Tucson, AZ. Dallas also enjoyed large preseason victories over FC Bayern Munich II and local semi-pro side NTX Rayados.
FC Dallas has enjoyed success in home openers over the last few years. The team is unbeaten in its last nine home opening games stretching back to 2010, registering six wins and three ties in that run. Overall, FC Dallas is 8-1-4 in home openers at Toyota Stadium and 13-4-6 all-time.
Against New England
FC Dallas has gotten the better of New England in recent years, having won seven games in a row against the Revolution dating back to the 2012 season. Dallas' all-time record against New England is 18-23-3.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2019
- Impact Opens Season against the San Jose Earthquakes Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Exercise Offseason Buyout on Giovani dos Santos - LA Galaxy
- MSG Networks Announces 2019 New York Red Bulls Telecast Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Place ShkÃ«lzen Gashi on Waivers - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Cincinnati - March 2, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Signs 2019 MLS SuperDraft Pick Kamal Miller - Orlando City SC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Eight Players from Impact U17 with Team Canada - Montreal Impact
- Preview: Sporting Opens MLS Season Sunday at LAFC - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- #MLSIsBack=21 Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvNE - FC Dallas
- Jose Hernandez and Patrick Okonkwo Loaned to ATL UTD 2 - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Acquire MLS Veteran Forward Quincy Amarikwa - D.C. United
- Tuesday's Friendly against UC Canceled - FC Cincinnati
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at FC Dallas - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces English Radio Partnership with 97.1 the Fan and the Return of Crew SC's Spanish Audio Stream - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Game Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: New York Begins 2019 MLS Slate at Columbus - New York Red Bulls
- MLS and ESPN Announce Partnership to Broadcast Live Games to Latin America and the Caribbean - MLS
- MNUFC Announces Roster for 2019 Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Acquire $50,000 in TAM in 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Julian Araujo - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Introduces Ticketmaster as Club's Official Ticketing Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Signs SuperDraft Selection Anderson Asiedu - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Opens 2019 Season Saturday at Houston Dynamo - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Rolls to 2-0 Champions League Win at Toluca - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Completes Transfer of Pablo Aranguiz to Universidad de Chile
- FC Dallas Will Face Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Semifinals
- 2020 New Mexico Bowl Will be Played at Toyota Stadium
- Sixth-Seeded FC Dallas Upsets Third-Seeded Portland Timbers at Providence Park
- #PORvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know