Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Cincinnati - March 2, 2019
Sounders FC begins its 11th MLS campaign on Saturday, March 2 against expansion side FC Cincinnati at CenturyLink Field (7:00 p.m. PT / FS1, YouTube TV, 950 KJR AM, El Rey 1360 AM). Saturday's match marks the 10th time in 11 seasons that Sounders FC has opened the regular season in front of the home crowd, with the club accumulating a 5-5-0 record all-time in season-openers with a 13-7 goal advantage.
The team is Celebrating 10 Years in MLS this season, and fans are encouraged to arrive at the match early to take advantage of some special opportunities to recognize Seattle's inaugural 2009 team. Additionally, the family of former Head Coach Sigi Schmid will be present as Sounders FC honors the life of its first MLS manager prior to the match with the presentation of a Golden Scarf.
Saturday's match is being broadcast nationally on FS1, featuring John Strong, Stu Holden and Jillian Sakovits on the call. Additionally, fans throughout Washington can stream Sounders FC matches on YouTube TV all season.
Sports Radio 950 KJR AM is carrying Saturday's opener, featuring Sounders FC broadcasters Matt Johnson, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani, in addition to Jackson Felts, Wade Webber, Pete Fewing and Danny Jackson providing pre-match, halftime and post-match coverage. Fans in Western Washington can tune-in to El Rey 1360 AM for a Spanish radio broadcast, featuring "Zuper" Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia.
The match is the first in the Major League Soccer history of FC Cincinnati, who joined MLS from the United Soccer League prior to the 2019 season. For the second consecutive campaign, Sounders FC is facing an expansion club making its MLS debut. Seattle hosted Los Angeles FC in its inaugural contest last season.
National TV: FS1
Regional TV: YouTube TV
Talent: John Strong, Stu Holden and Jillian Sakovits
Local Radio: 950 KJR AM
Talent: Matt Johnson, Kasey Keller and Steve Zakuani
Pre-Match, Halftime and Post-Match Talent: Jackson Felts, Wade Webber, Danny Jackson
Local Radio (Spanish): El Rey 1360 AM
Talent: Mario Rodriguez, Felipe Maqueda and Carlos Tapia
Images from this story
Seattle Sounders FC forward Jordan Morris returns to the playing field after suffering a torn ACL at the beginning of last season
(Jane Gershovich / Seattle Sounders FC)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 1, 2019
- Impact Opens Season against the San Jose Earthquakes Saturday Night - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Exercise Offseason Buyout on Giovani dos Santos - LA Galaxy
- MSG Networks Announces 2019 New York Red Bulls Telecast Schedule - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Place ShkÃ«lzen Gashi on Waivers - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Cincinnati - March 2, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City SC Signs 2019 MLS SuperDraft Pick Kamal Miller - Orlando City SC
- MLS Issues Disciplinary Committee Decisions - MLS
- Eight Players from Impact U17 with Team Canada - Montreal Impact
- Preview: Sporting Opens MLS Season Sunday at LAFC - Sporting Kansas City
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- #MLSIsBack=21 Here Are 5 Things You Need to Know About #FCDvNE - FC Dallas
- Jose Hernandez and Patrick Okonkwo Loaned to ATL UTD 2 - Atlanta United FC
- D.C. United Acquire MLS Veteran Forward Quincy Amarikwa - D.C. United
- Tuesday's Friendly against UC Canceled - FC Cincinnati
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at FC Dallas - New England Revolution
- Columbus Crew SC Announces English Radio Partnership with 97.1 the Fan and the Return of Crew SC's Spanish Audio Stream - Columbus Crew SC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps Game Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: New York Begins 2019 MLS Slate at Columbus - New York Red Bulls
- MLS and ESPN Announce Partnership to Broadcast Live Games to Latin America and the Caribbean - MLS
- MNUFC Announces Roster for 2019 Season Opener - Minnesota United FC
- Rapids Acquire $50,000 in TAM in 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Sign Defender Julian Araujo - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Introduces Ticketmaster as Club's Official Ticketing Partner - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Signs SuperDraft Selection Anderson Asiedu - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Opens 2019 Season Saturday at Houston Dynamo - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting Rolls to 2-0 Champions League Win at Toluca - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Earns Road Point in Scoreless Draw with Philadelphia
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at Philadelphia Union - May 18, 2019
- Sounders FC Wins Second in a Row with 2-1 Victory over Orlando City
- Sounders FC Announces Best XI Voting Campaign
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Orlando City SC - May 15, 2019