Missions Edge Chasers 7-5
Omaha designated hitter Samir Duenez drove in two runs as part of a three-run first inning and second baseman Jecksson Flores extended his hit streak to twelve, however San Antonio center fielder Trent Grisham homered in his Triple-A debut as the Missions downed the Storm Chasers 7-5 on Thursday evening at Werner Park.
Omaha CF Bubba Starling smashed an RBI single to right to put the Storm Chasers up 1-0 prior to Duenez's two-run double to right. After plating a single tally in the second, San Antonio would even the contest in the fourth courtesy of C Jacob Nottingham's two-run double.
Grisham then went deep with a three-run blast to highlight a four-run sixth. Omaha RF Brett Phillips' RBI triple and Flores' sacrifice fly in the seventh would later trim the deficit to two, though the Storm Chasers were unable to get any closer.
All nine Missions batters tallied at least one knock, with Grisham (2-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB), Nottingham (2-5, 2B, 2 RBI), LF Cory Spangenberg (2-5, R) and RF Nate Orf (2-4, R, RBI) each posting multiple hits. Omaha C Xavier Fernandez (2-4, R, 2B) was the only batter from the home side to record more than one knock, as Flores extended his hit streak to 12 with a single.
San Antonio starter Thomas Jankins (5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K) earned his sixth win of the season, while righty Jay Jackson (1.0 IP, H) notched his sixth save. Storm Chasers right-hander Zach Lovvorn (4.0 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 4 K) suffered the defeat.
The two teams are set to continue their five-game set at Werner Park on Friday evening, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm CT. LHP Foster Griffin (6-2, 5.35) is anticipated to toe the rubber for Omaha, while RHP Bubba Derby (3-3, 3.95( is expected to get the nod for San Antonio.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 21, 2019
- Bees Fall to Grizzlies - Salt Lake Bees
- Grizzlies growl to 12-8 victory over Bees Friday evening - Fresno Grizzlies
- Braden Shipley, John Ryan Murphy Lift Aces to Second Consecutive Victory - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Roll to 14-7 Win in OKC Friday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Missions Edge Chasers 7-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Redbirds Slug Way to 14-7 Victory over Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- Express Prevail 6-5 in 10-Inning Thriller - Round Rock Express
- Missions Winning Streak Halted at Seven - San Antonio Missions
- I-Cubs Fall in 10 - Iowa Cubs
- Back-To-Back-To-Back Homers Lift Sounds to Win - Nashville Sounds
- Three Straight Homers in Ninth Stun 'Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (28-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-32) - Nashville Sounds
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony Tonight at Greater Nevada Field - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (29-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-41) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 21, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- The Fergie Jenkins Foundation Returns to Des Moines - Iowa Cubs
- First Place Missions Begin Nine-Game Homestand Tuesday - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Rally for Stunning 11-10, Walk-Off Victory over River Cats - Las Vegas Aviators
- Chihuahuas Keep Hitting, Win 10-4 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Bees Win on Walkoff Wild Pitch - Salt Lake Bees
- Tacoma Drops Series Opener to El Paso on Thursday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Los Corazones de Reno Earn First Copa Win in History - Reno Aces
- Bees walk-off on Grizz 12-11 despite Raudy Read's grand slam - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nine-run River Cats lead does not hold up in rough loss to Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Gonzalez Brilliant But Isotopes Fall, 6-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- "Why I Want to Go to College" Writing Contest Winners Announced
- Chasers Charities Announces Robinson Scholarship Winners
- Drive-In Fireworks Return to Werner Park on May 9
- Storm Chasers Join MiLB CommUNITY First Campaign
- Werner Park to be Ready for Opening Night