Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Nico Sturm to Iowa
SAINT PAUL, Minn. - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has reassigned forward Nico Sturm to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Sturm, 24 (5/3/95), was recalled on Dec. 6 and did not appear in a game with Minnesota. He has recorded 11 points (6-5=11) including two power-play goals and two game-winning goals in 23 games with Iowa this season. Sturm leads Iowa rookies in scoring and ranks T-1st amongst AHL rookies in game-winning goals, T-9th in shots on goal (50) and T-13th in goals. The 6-foot-3, 206-pound native of Augsburg, Germany, was signed as a free agent by Minnesota on April 1, 2019 and made his NHL debut on April 4 vs. Boston. He registered seven shots on goal in two games with the Wild last season.
Minnesota hosts the Anaheim Ducks Tuesday at 7 p.m. on FOX Sports North and KFAN 100.3 FM. The team will honor captain Mikko Koivu for reaching the 1,000-game milestone in a special pregame ceremony.
Minnesota Wild single-game tickets for the 2019-20 season are on sale now at the Xcel Energy Center Box Office wild.com/tix and ticketmaster.com. For information about Season Tickets, including 11-game, half season and full season plans, please visit tickets.wild.com or contact a Wild Ticket Sales Representative by calling or texting 651-222-WILD.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2019
- Schilkey scores in third straight game, but Bridgeport gives up four-goal third period - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Third-Period Flurry Helps Comets Come from Behind in Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Nico Sturm to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Recall Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Wolves Are Heating Up - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Chaput to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Texas Stars
- Tynan Returns to Eagles, Werner Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Texas's Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Griffins Recall Spezia, Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Comets Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyrou, Poganski Recalled by Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Recall Hogberg from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Cory Conacher, Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.