The Monsters split their first of two back-to-back weekends this season against the Belleville Senators starting with a 6-2 win on Friday, followed by a 7-1 loss on Saturday. Following the team's visit to Belleville, the Monsters are now 6-4-0-0 versus the Senators in franchise history. Twelve Cleveland skaters recorded points on Friday, including defensemen Gabriel Carlsson (1G, 1A) and Dillon Simpson (1G, 2A) and forwards Jakob Lilja (2A) and Justin Scott (1G, 1A). Blue-liners Carlsson and Michael Prapavessis both recorded their first goals of the season to help the Monsters claim victory in Friday's game.
Monsters forwards Nathan Gerbe and Kevin Stenlund both extended their active point streaks this weekend after recording assists during Cleveland's first three games on the road last week. Gerbe is amid a five-game point streak (1G, 5A) that began on 11/27 at Charlotte, his third multi-game point streak of the season. Stenlund's eight-game point streak (3G, 5A) began on 11/21 versus Rockford and is the longest of his AHL career. Following his assist on Saturday night, Stenlund's streak is now tied for the sixth-longest of its kind in club history.
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at ClevelandMonsters.com, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2019
- Schilkey scores in third straight game, but Bridgeport gives up four-goal third period - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Third-Period Flurry Helps Comets Come from Behind in Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Nico Sturm to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Recall Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Wolves Are Heating Up - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Chaput to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Texas Stars
- Tynan Returns to Eagles, Werner Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Texas's Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Griffins Recall Spezia, Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Comets Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyrou, Poganski Recalled by Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Recall Hogberg from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Cory Conacher, Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes
- Blue Jackets Reassign Dalpe, MacInnis to Cleveland from Taxi Squad
- Shorthanded Monsters Battle to 6-3 Win over IceHogs
- Monsters Host BHC Night & Cavs Day in Weekend Homestand Versus IceHogs
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves