Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The American Hockey League announced today that Texas Stars forward Jason Robertson has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending December 8, 2019.
Robertson scored three goals and totaled five points in three games last week for Texas, which improved to 6-0-1-0 in its last seven outings.
On Tuesday evening, Robertson notched a goal and an assist and was named the game's first star as Texas defeated Milwaukee, 5-1, to end the Admirals' 13-game winning streak. On Friday, Robertson assisted on the game-winning goal as the visiting Stars knocked off Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 4-3. And on Saturday, Robertson scored twice to help Texas to a 5-3 win and a weekend sweep of the Penguins.
A second-round pick by Dallas in the 2017 NHL Draft, Robertson ranks fifth among all AHL rookies in scoring with 18 points (10 goals, eight assists) in 25 games for Texas this season, leading the team in goals and points. The 20-year-old native of Northville, Mich., was the top scorer in the entire Canadian Hockey League last season, collecting 117 points with Kingston and Niagara (OHL), and won a silver medal with the United States at the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championship.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Robertson will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Stars home game.
The Stars and return home to face the Manitoba Moose on Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2019 at 7 p.m. The game opens a stretch of three games in four nights for Texas at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, facing the Moose and Tucson Roadrunners in those games.
The Texas Stars are the primary development affiliate of the NHL's Dallas Stars. Full-season, 24-game and 12-game ticket packages for the 2019-20 campaign are on sale now. For more information, call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit TexasStars.com.
Images from this story
Texas Stars forward Jason Robertson
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2019
- Schilkey scores in third straight game, but Bridgeport gives up four-goal third period - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Third-Period Flurry Helps Comets Come from Behind in Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Nico Sturm to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Recall Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Wolves Are Heating Up - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Chaput to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Texas Stars
- Tynan Returns to Eagles, Werner Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Texas's Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Griffins Recall Spezia, Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Comets Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyrou, Poganski Recalled by Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Recall Hogberg from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Cory Conacher, Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.