Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Cory Conacher, Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Tampa Bay Lightning have recalled forwards Cory Conacher and Mitchell Stephens from the Syracuse Crunch, vice president and general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. The Lightning have also reassigned forward Jimmy Huntington from the Orlando Solar Bears to the Crunch.
Conacher, 29, has skated in three games with the Lightning this season, registering one assist and two penalty minutes. He's appeared in 192 career NHL games, registering 28 goals and 75 points to go along with 116 penalty minutes. The 5-foot-8, 185-pound forward has also appeared in 20 games with the Crunch in 2019-20, recording eight goals and 17 points to go along with 19 penalty minutes. Conacher posted a two-goal and one assist game against Laval on Friday night in Syracuse's 5-2 win. The Burlington, Ontario native ranks tied for third on the Crunch for goals and is fourth for points.
Stephens, 22, has appeared in 24 games with Syracuse this season, posting five goals and 10 points to go along with 15 penalty minutes. The 6-foot-0, 193-pound forward has skated in 131 career AHL games, all with the Crunch over parts of four seasons, collecting 36 goals and 76 points to go along with 45 penalty minutes. The Peterborough, Ontario native was drafted by the Lightning in the second round, 33rd overall, at the 2015 NHL Draft.
Huntington, 21, has appeared in 13 games with the Crunch this season. He has also recorded a goal and three assists in five contests with the Solar Bears. He skated in 66 contests with the Rimouski Oceanic of the QMJHL last season tallying 40 goals and 52 assists. Huntington was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Lightning on March 1.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2019-20 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 9, 2019
- Schilkey scores in third straight game, but Bridgeport gives up four-goal third period - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Third-Period Flurry Helps Comets Come from Behind in Bridgeport - Utica Comets
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Forward Nico Sturm to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Coyotes Recall Russo from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Wolves Are Heating Up - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: December 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Coyotes Assign Chaput to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolf Pack Weekly, December 9-15 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Texas Stars
- Tynan Returns to Eagles, Werner Recalled - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: December 9 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Texas's Jason Robertson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Griffins Recall Spezia, Sign Anselmini to PTO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sound Tigers Host Comets Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kyrou, Poganski Recalled by Blues - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Recall Hogberg from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forwards Cory Conacher, Mitchell Stephens from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Weekly - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Crunch Fall to Comets, 4-2
- Florida Panthers Reassign Forward Greg Meireles to Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Defenseman Devante Stephens from Orlando Solar Bears
- Syracuse Crunch, Rochester Americans Game Rescheduled for March 1
- Florida Panthers Recall Riley Stillman, Reassign Scott Wilson to Syracuse Crunch