Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0
Oklahoma City - Memphis pitchers Jake Woodford and Dominic Leone held the Oklahoma City Dodgers to two hits as the Redbirds shut out the Dodgers, 5-0, Saturday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
With the win, the Redbirds took a 2-1 lead in the five-game series between the teams and sent the Dodgers to their sixth shutout loss of the season.
Saturday also marked the third time this season the Dodgers were held to two or fewer hits in a game.
Memphis starting pitcher Woodford (5-3) pitched seven shutout innings. He held the Dodgers to one hit until Jake Peter singled with two outs in the seventh inning. Woodford issued three walks and recorded four strikeouts in the win.
Leone followed on the mound and held the Dodgers without a hit or run over the final two innings, recording four strikeouts.
The Dodgers (30-43) took the field as Cielo Azul de Oklahoma City Saturday as part of MiLB's "Es Divertido Ser Un Fan®" campaign, while Memphis (31-44) played as the Música and took a quick lead in the first inning.
Back-to-back walks to Memphis' Kramer Robertson and Edmundo Sosa led off the game and both runners came around to score when John Nogowski hit a fly ball to deep center field for a double and a 2-0 lead.
Joe Hudson hit a fly ball to the Dodgers' bullpen in left-center field to extend the Redbirds' lead to 3-0 in the fourth inning. Yariel Gonzalez added a solo homer in the seventh inning to push Memphis' lead to 4-0.
Back-to-back doubles by Adolis Garcia and Nogowski in the eighth inning gave the Redbirds a 5-0 advantage.
Dodgers starting pitcher Rob Zastryzny (2-3) was charged with the loss, allowing three runs and seven hits over 6.0 innings with two walks and six strikeouts.
The first ¡Celebración Cielo Azul! of the season wraps up with a 6:05 p.m. game tomorrow on a Chaparral Energy Family Sunday featuring family-friendly activities such as pregame player autographs and postgame kids run the bases.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
Live radio coverage of each game begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com and through the free iHeartRadio or MiLB First Pitch apps.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Omaha Holds off San Antonio 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Two Three-Run Homers Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Niese Goes Six Shutout, Tacoma Falls to El Paso on Saturday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Blank Dodgers 5-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snags Rain-Shortened Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Ibanez and Tocci Lead Sounds in Rout - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Rain on Express Parade in 6-1 Final - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Pound Baby Cakes, 10-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies Return Home June 25-28 vs. Las Vegas (Oakland A's) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (29-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (30-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-42) - Memphis Redbirds
- Neuse Continues Torrid Hitting, But Aviators Fall to Sacramento - Las Vegas Aviators
- Menez strikes out career-high 12 as River Cats sneak past Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Edges Chihuahuas, 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28
- OKC Dodgers Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now