'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions
OMAHA - The Storm Chasers scored twice in the eighth inning to pull out a 6-5 win over the Missions Saturday night for their second straight one-run win in the series at Werner Park.
San Antonio built a 4-0 lead thru the first two innings. Trent Grisham slugged a two-run homer to left during a three run second. It was Grisham's second homerun in as many games since joining the club from Double-A Biloxi.
Omaha scored four times in the third against starter Miguel Sanchez to even things up. Sanchez was making his fourth spot start of the year after the Missions scheduled starter, Aaron Wilkerson, was recalled by the Milwaukee Brewers following Friday night's game.
Keston Hiura gave the Missions a 5-4 lead when he lined a homerun in to the left field bleachers in the fifth inning. It was his 17th homerun of the season.
Alex Wilson (3-1) was charged with both eighth inning runs as Omaha improved to 4-3 on the season against a San Antonio club that owns the best record in the Pacific Coast League.
David Freitas was held without a hit to snap his 15-game hitting streak while Mauricio Dubon chipped in an rbi single to extend his streak to 13 games.
RH Zack Brown (2-4, 5.22) vs. RH Scott Blewett (5-6, 6.61) 2:05 PM.
KONO 860 AM
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Omaha Holds off San Antonio 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Two Three-Run Homers Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Niese Goes Six Shutout, Tacoma Falls to El Paso on Saturday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Blank Dodgers 5-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snags Rain-Shortened Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Ibanez and Tocci Lead Sounds in Rout - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Rain on Express Parade in 6-1 Final - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Pound Baby Cakes, 10-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies Return Home June 25-28 vs. Las Vegas (Oakland A's) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (29-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (30-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-42) - Memphis Redbirds
- Neuse Continues Torrid Hitting, But Aviators Fall to Sacramento - Las Vegas Aviators
- Menez strikes out career-high 12 as River Cats sneak past Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Edges Chihuahuas, 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Rosters Announced for McCombs Ford West's High School Baseball Seniors Celebration at the Wolff
- Wolff Stadium to Host McCombs Ford West's HS Baseball Seniors Celebration
- San Antonio to Host 2020 Texas Collegiate League Team
- San Antonio Missions to Take Part in MiLB's CommUnity First Campaign
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative