Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers
San Antonio Missions (47-27) at Omaha Storm Chasers (35-39)
Game #75/Road Game #39
Saturday, June 22, 7:05 p.m.
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Miguel Sanchez (2-2, 3.55) vs. LHP Eric Skoglund (0-0, 0.00)
Winning for Sanchez: In three starts this season, the Missions are a perfect 3-0 when Miguel Sanchez starts. The bats have provided a good cushion for Sanchez in those games. The Missions offense has provided Sanchez an average of 5.7 runs per game in his three starts. Only Burch Smith has a higher average run support total for Missions starters this season.
Milestone Tracker: Coming into tonight's game, Missions utility man Nate Orf and outfielder Troy Stokes Jr. are on milestone watch. For Orf, he currently needs three runs batted in to reach 300 runs batted in for his professional career. Orf has driven three or more runs in a game 14 times in his career, including three games with four runs batted in. For Stokes Jr., he needs one two-bagger to reach 100 doubles in his professional career. So far in 2019, Stokes Jr. has seven doubles.
Solo: A Missions Story: During the 2019 campaign, the Missions have launched 91 home runs. Following Nate Orf's solo blast in last night's game, 57 of the Missions 91 home runs have been solo home runs, accounting for 63 percent of their home run output. All seven of Orf's long balls have been with no runners on base. Missions shortstop Mauricio Dubon has hit seven solo homeruns out of his 10 total. Missions second baseman Keston Hiura has launched 11 solo shots out of his 16 total. More importantly, the Missions are 37-17 this season when they hit a home run.
*WHAT THEY'RE SAYING*
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
Come to a baseball game and leave with a car?? That's right! Friday June 28 you have the opportunity to win a free car! bit.ly/2L10vcn
Adam McCalvy (@AdamMcCalvy)
Corbin Burnes might make starts for Triple-A San Antonio, but the plan is for him to pitch in shorter bursts. That indicates the Brewers believe if he's called back up this season, it will be as a reliever.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Omaha Holds off San Antonio 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Two Three-Run Homers Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Niese Goes Six Shutout, Tacoma Falls to El Paso on Saturday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Blank Dodgers 5-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snags Rain-Shortened Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Ibanez and Tocci Lead Sounds in Rout - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Rain on Express Parade in 6-1 Final - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Pound Baby Cakes, 10-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies Return Home June 25-28 vs. Las Vegas (Oakland A's) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (29-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (30-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-42) - Memphis Redbirds
- Neuse Continues Torrid Hitting, But Aviators Fall to Sacramento - Las Vegas Aviators
- Menez strikes out career-high 12 as River Cats sneak past Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Edges Chihuahuas, 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Preliminary Promotional Schedule Unveiled for Missions' 2020 Season
- Missions and IHeartMedia Announce 93.3 the Bull as New Flagship Station
- Unveiling a Bygone Era of Missions History
- Declaring a National Puffy Taco Day
- Missions to Transform into Puffy Tacos for Three Games in May