Game Notes vs. Albuquerque
The Aces look for their third win in a row with lefty Alex Young on the bump tonight. Young is making his eighth start after 12 relief appearances this year. He holds a 1-1 record this season with a 6.23 ERA against the Isotopes this season over 8.2 innings of work. Albuquerque will send lefty Pat Dean to the hill in an all southpaw matchup. Dean has struggled this year posting a 2-6 record and 7.91 ERA. However, Dean earned a win against Reno on 5/30 tossing 5.1 innings while allowing three earned runs on six hits. The Aces are 7-15 this season against left-handed pitchers but 7-2 in their last 9 home games.
Archie's Super Birthday Party
Archie's throwing a HUGE bash for his birthday this year and EVERYONE in invited! He is trying to assemble his very own Super Team of fans, players, mascots, & more. Come dressed up to Greater Nevada Field with the whole squad. | Presented by West Hills Behavioral Health Hospital & KNPB
Kids Run the Bases
All kids in attendance are invited to stay after the game to run the bases and high-five Archie at home plate! | Presented by My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News
Archie Bradley Super Bobblehead
Presented by West Hills Behavioral Health Hospital | 1,000
Welcome Back, Kev: According to Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, the Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned infielder Kevin Cron to Triple-A Reno. Cron had success in his first stint in the big leagues launching four home runs and driving in 11 RBIs in 47 at-bats for the D-backs. The TCU alum leads the Aces in dingers (21) and RBIs (62) and is batting .339 on the season. He played in 44 games with Reno this year before being called up to Arizona.
The Ship is Sailing: Aces righty Braden Shipley threw his third straight quality start of the season last night going 6.1 innings while surrendering one earned run against Albuquerque. He leads the team in quality starts this season with three, the team has eight overall. Historically, Shipley has been successful against the Isotopes compiling a 3-1 record with a 3.52 ERA over 53.2 innings of work since 2016. Shipley also had two hits at the dish last night, the third time the former college shortstop has done so in his Aces career.
Reno on Reno Crime: Reno High School graduate and Albuquerque Isotopes' infielder Garrett Hampson went 2-for-4 last night with a double. He is now 4-for-8 in the series with two doubles and an RBI. In six games against the Aces this season, Hampson is batting .370 with four doubles, two RBIs, and five runs scored. He was drafted in the third round in 2016 out of Long Beach State and has played 33 games this season in the Major Leagues with the Colorado Rockies. He earned his first big league hit on July 21, 2018 for the Rockies with a double against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Omaha Holds off San Antonio 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Two Three-Run Homers Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Niese Goes Six Shutout, Tacoma Falls to El Paso on Saturday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Blank Dodgers 5-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snags Rain-Shortened Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Ibanez and Tocci Lead Sounds in Rout - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Rain on Express Parade in 6-1 Final - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Pound Baby Cakes, 10-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies Return Home June 25-28 vs. Las Vegas (Oakland A's) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (29-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (30-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-42) - Memphis Redbirds
- Neuse Continues Torrid Hitting, But Aviators Fall to Sacramento - Las Vegas Aviators
- Menez strikes out career-high 12 as River Cats sneak past Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Edges Chihuahuas, 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.