Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso
Tacoma, WA - Center fielder Jake Fraley launched a three-run home run, and Jose Lobaton provided the decisive RBI double in the seventh inning, helping the Tacoma Rainiers even their five-game series against the El Paso Chihuahuas at Cheney Stadium, 6-5.
Fraley belted his third inning home run to right-center field, putting Tacoma (35-39) up, 4-0. The 24-year-old added another tally with an RBI knock in the fifth inning before stealing second base. The recently promoted prospect finished 2-for-3 with a home run, 4 RBI, 2 runs, a walk and a stolen base.
Kristopher Negron drove in the first run of the game against El Paso (45-28) when he doubled home John Andreoli in the bottom of the third.
The Chihuahuas knotted the score, 5-5, in the sixth before Jose Lobaton doubled home Fraley with two outs in the home half of the seventh, providing what would go on to be the winning run.
Tacoma (35-39) right-hander Erik Swanson made a scheduled abbreviated start and went 2 1/3 frames of scoreless ball before Anthony Misiewicz took over the mound. The lefty Misiewicz surrendered four runs across 3 2/3 innings and struck out two.
Reggie McLain (3-1) threw 2 2/3 innings of one-run baseball in relief, striking out three and Parker Markel earned his sixth save when he threw a lights out ninth frame with three strikeouts.
The Rainiers will look for their second-straight against El Paso on Silver Bullet Saturday at Cheney Stadium. First pitch will be at 5:05 p.m. PDT as southpaw Jon Niese (3-2, 5.03) takes the mound for Tacoma. Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Jake Fraley of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Omaha Holds off San Antonio 4-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Two Three-Run Homers Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Memphis Shuts Down Dodgers, 5-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 'Chasers Storm Back to Beat Missions - San Antonio Missions
- Niese Goes Six Shutout, Tacoma Falls to El Paso on Saturday - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Blank Dodgers 5-0 - Memphis Redbirds
- Iowa Snags Rain-Shortened Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Ibanez and Tocci Lead Sounds in Rout - Nashville Sounds
- I-Cubs Rain on Express Parade in 6-1 Final - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Pound Baby Cakes, 10-3 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Grizzlies Return Home June 25-28 vs. Las Vegas (Oakland A's) - Fresno Grizzlies
- Game Notes vs. Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 22, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (29-44) at New Orleans Baby Cakes (41-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (30-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (30-42) - Memphis Redbirds
- Neuse Continues Torrid Hitting, But Aviators Fall to Sacramento - Las Vegas Aviators
- Menez strikes out career-high 12 as River Cats sneak past Aviators - Sacramento River Cats
- Fraley Shines in Triple-A Debut, Rainiers Even Series with El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacoma Edges Chihuahuas, 6-5 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Aces Top Topes, 5-1 - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Brugman Homers One Last Time, Rainiers Fall to Las Vegas in Season Finale
- Nolin Strikes out 11, Rainiers Drop Sunday Night Match-Up against Aviators
- Misiewicz Dominant to Propel Rainiers to Second-Straight Win in Las Vegas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
- Brugman Plates Four, Rainiers Drop Series Finale to Fresno