Melanson Recalled to Hartford
PORTLAND, ME - Forward Drew Melanson was recalled to the Hartford Wolf Pack on Tuesday afternoon. It's his third call up of the season. Melanson was reassigned to Maine last week and was a big part of Sunday afternoon's memorable shootout victory over Newfoundland.
The Paramus, NJ native played nine games for Hartford last season after turning pro, but started this season in Maine. He was initially recalled on December 21st for what was a three game assignment. He was recalled again on February 14th, and got into six games, recording his first AHL goal on Friday, March 8th in a 3-2 Hartford win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Last Monday he was reassigned to the Mariners. This past Sunday afternoon, Melanson registered two goals to help Maine earn a 5-4 shootout win against the first place Newfoundland Growlers.
Melanson played his college hockey at RPI and Boston University. He signed with the Wolf Pack last March.
The Mariners also announced the release of defenseman Sean Campbell and goaltender Domenic Graham on Tuesday.
The Mariners will visit Worcester on Friday at 7:05 before hosting Manchester at 3:00 PM on Sunday. It's Country Night presented by 99.9 The Wolf. The first 500 fans will get a bandanna and concert giveaways will be held during the game including Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, and Old Dominion. Tickets to can be purchased at MarinersOfMaine.com or by calling the Trusted Choice Box Office at 207-775-3458.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2019
- Cyclones Claim Central Division Championship - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Power Play Leads K-Wings Past Komets, 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Snap Five-Game Losing Streak with 5-1 Win over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Clinch Division Title - Wheeling Nailers
- Alberga's Three Point Night Melts IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Growlers Earn 40th Win, Defeat Monarchs 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Add Forward - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Atlanta Signs Two College Players - Atlanta Gladiators
- Brooks Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Sam Becker Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Signs Forward Stephane Legault - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Sign Goaltender Francois Brassard - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, March 20th - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day: Points on the Line in Mid-Week Showdown with Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Melanson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.