Brooks Signed to SPC
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today that forward Calder Brooks has been released from his ATO and signed to a standard player contract.
Brooks, 24, scored his first goal as a pro on Sunday afternoon at Allen and also recorded an assist. A native of Emerald Park, Saskatchewan, the 6-foot, 192-pound forward recently completed a four-year career at Saint Mary's University (USport) where he collected 77 points (25g, 52a) in 105 career games for the Huskies.
The rookie forward played four years in the Western Hockey League for Calgary, Prince Albert and Spokane. He also appeared in three games for the American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
He finished his junior career with 124 points (48g, 76a) in 194 games. His best season was in 2014-15 with the Spokane Chiefs where he tallied 56 points (22g, 34a) in 50 games.
Wichita returns home on Saturday night to begin a two-game series against Tulsa.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Season tickets are still available for purchase. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 deposit per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 20, 2019
- Cyclones Claim Central Division Championship - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Power Play Leads K-Wings Past Komets, 4-3 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Snap Five-Game Losing Streak with 5-1 Win over Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Cyclones Clinch Division Title - Wheeling Nailers
- Alberga's Three Point Night Melts IceMen - Norfolk Admirals
- Growlers Earn 40th Win, Defeat Monarchs 5-1 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Walleye Add Forward - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Transactions - March 20 - ECHL
- Atlanta Signs Two College Players - Atlanta Gladiators
- Brooks Signed to SPC - Wichita Thunder
- Defenseman Sam Becker Signs with Royals - Reading Royals
- South Carolina Signs Forward Stephane Legault - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Sign Goaltender Francois Brassard - Maine Mariners
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Wheeling Nailers - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers at Cyclones Game Day Snap Shot, March 20 - Wheeling Nailers
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Thunder Weekly, March 20th - Wichita Thunder
- Game Day: Points on the Line in Mid-Week Showdown with Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Melanson Recalled to Hartford - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.