Mavs Drop Front End of Home-And-Home with Wichita, 5-2
WICHITA, Ks. - The Kansas City Mavericks were defeated 5-2 by the Wichita Thunder Monday night at INTRUST Bank Arena. Mavs goaltender Tyler Parsons stopped 32 of 37 shots on the night and Mitch Hults grabbed two assists. The Mavericks now return home for the second leg of this home-and-home set with the Thunder Tuesday night. Limited tickets remain for Tuesday's game.
-Peter Crinella got Wichita on the board first at 7:34 of the first period. Billy Exell got the lone assist on the goal.
-Rocco Carzo (13) tied the game at 10:13 of the period. Justin Woods and Mitch Hults assisted on the goal.
-Kansas City outshot the Thunder in the period, 10-6.
-Wichita took the lead on a goal from Chris Crane 46 seconds into the second period. Vincent Desharnais assisted on the goal.
-Mavs goaltender Tyler Parsons made 13 saves on 14 shots in the period.
-Crinella netted his second goal of the game on the power play nine seconds into the third period. The goal was unassisted.
-Fabrizio Ricci extended the Wichita lead to 4-1 on a breakaway goal at 3:09 of the third period. Riley Weselowski and Desharnais assisted on the goal.
-A goal by Jason Salvaggio made the Thunder lead 5-1 at 9:37 of the third. Crane and Ricci assisted.
-Jack Walker (5) scored with 1:47 left in regulation to bring the game to 5-2. Derek Pratt and Hults assisted on the goal.
Notes & Streaks
-Mitch Hults now has a four-game point streak.
-Tyler Parsons finished the night with 32 saves on 37 shots. He now has three straight games with 30 or more saves.
-The Mavericks finished the night one-for-three on the power play and zero-for-one on the penalty kill.
The Mavericks' head home to Silverstein Eye Centers Arena for the annual New Year's Eve game against the Wichita Thunder at 7:05 p.m. The New Year's Eve game is a First Watch Family Four-Pack night. After Tuesday's game, the Mavs hit the road for their longest road trip of the season, a six-game haul starting in Texas at the Allen Americans Thursday night at Allen Events Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 30, 2019
- Quick Strike Offense Leads Thunder Past Mavs - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Drop Front End of Home-And-Home with Wichita, 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Payne's OT Winner Powers Thunder over Beast, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Late Rally Not Enough as Worcester Falls 6-3 in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Win Eleventh Straight Game at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- IceMen Acquire Forward Adam Dauda from Kalamazoo - Jacksonville IceMen
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Monday: KC Comes Back from Break Strong with Two Road Wins - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Weekly: 2020 Vision - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Sign Eddie Matsushima - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 30 - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Was a Consistent Winner in the 2010s - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Welcome Walleye for New Year's Eve; Launch 2020 Slate at Indy Friday, Wings Return Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 12 (December 22 - January 5, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 30 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 30 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Pregame Notes: December 30 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.