Milner Returns to South Carolina
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Hershey Bears announced the re-assignment of goaltender Parker Milner to the South Carolina Stingrays Monday. While in Hershey, the 29-year-old goaltender made his first American Hockey League appearance of the 2019-20 season on Sunday and stopped 19 shots in a 3-0 win to earn his first career AHL shutout.
It was the second recall of the season for Milner, who has been at his best since the start of the year and currently leads the ECHL with a goals-against average of 1.86. The netminder also has a record of 11-0-2-1 this season in 15 ECHL appearances and ranks third in the league with a save percentage of 0.927.
The Pittsburgh native was previously named the ECHL's Goaltender of the Week on Oct. 29 after a stretch of back-to-back games with a shutout, a 1.44 goals-against and a save percentage of 0.930.
Milner is in his fourth consecutive campaign on an AHL contract with the Bears. His best ECHL season to date came in 2017-18 when he was recognized as the Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Year after posting a 28-7-3 record, a goals-against average of 1.86 and .929 save percentage. The two-time national champion at Boston College has a 7-7-1 record in 15 career games with Hershey.
The Stingrays is back on home ice for their first game of 2020 Friday night against the Florida Everblades at 7:05 p.m. SC will also battle the Everblades Saturday night while wearing specialty Spider-Man jerseys on Marvel Super Hero Night at 6:05 p.m.
- Tickets for all of the team's upcoming 2019-20 home contests are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
Images from this story
South Carolina Stingrays goaltender Parker Milner
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 30, 2019
- Quick Strike Offense Leads Thunder Past Mavs - Wichita Thunder
- Mavs Drop Front End of Home-And-Home with Wichita, 5-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Payne's OT Winner Powers Thunder over Beast, 3-2 - Adirondack Thunder
- Late Rally Not Enough as Worcester Falls 6-3 in Newfoundland - Worcester Railers HC
- Growlers Win Eleventh Straight Game at Mile One Centre - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - December 30 - ECHL
- IceMen Acquire Forward Adam Dauda from Kalamazoo - Jacksonville IceMen
- Milner Returns to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Monday: KC Comes Back from Break Strong with Two Road Wins - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mariners Weekly: 2020 Vision - Maine Mariners
- Swamp Rabbits Weekly - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Mariners Sign Eddie Matsushima - Maine Mariners
- Oil Drops: Tulsa Oilers Weekly Report - December 30 - Tulsa Oilers
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Was a Consistent Winner in the 2010s - Utah Grizzlies
- Komets Welcome Walleye for New Year's Eve; Launch 2020 Slate at Indy Friday, Wings Return Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 12 (December 22 - January 5, 2020) - Indy Fuel
- Stingrays Weekly Report - December 30 - South Carolina Stingrays
- K-Wings Weekly: Week of December 30 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Growlers Pregame Notes: December 30 vs. Worcester Railers - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.