Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum for Rematch with Binghamton
The Marlies are back on Coca-Cola Coliseum ice today, taking on Binghamton in the second of back-to-back home games against the Devils.
Toronto dropped a tough 5-2 decision to the Devils on Monday at Scotiabank Arena, an outing they hope to bounce back from today as they look to pick up their first win against the Devils this season. Monday's loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Marlies and extended the Devils' win streak to three straight. With the playoff race heating up, important points are at steak as the Marlies aim to solidify their place in the postseason, while the Binghamton Devils are fighting to remain in contention. Toronto currently sits in fourth place (57 points), just one point ahead of Syracuse and three points ahead of the sixth place Devils.
"Effort was there, maybe not as consistent as we would like to see," said Greg Moore following Monday's loss. "We kind of relied on playing a little bit slower than we have in the last six games and we didn't take advantage of transition. They played really well against us." The Marlies will have their work cut out for them today as they aim to battle their way back into the win column before heading out on the road to Laval this weekend.
Puck drops at 11:00 AM on Leafs Nation Network and TSN 2. Today's game will also be streamed live on the Maple Leafs app.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
26-20-3-2 Overall Record 25-23-4-0
0-2-0-0 Head To Head 2-0-0-0
0-1-0-0 Streak 3-0-0-0
177 Goals For 149
173 Goals Against 158
21.2% Power Play Percentage 17.1%
78.3% Penalty Kill Percentage 79.6%
K. Agostino (23) Leading Goal Scorer B. Seney (18)
P. Aberg (40)
K. Agostino (40) Leading Points Scorer B. Seney (41)
K. Kaskisuo (14) Wins Leader G. Senn (12)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2020
- Senators Acquire Archibald and Luchuk in Separate Trades - Belleville Senators
- Sens Complete Comeback in Rochester - Belleville Senators
- Eight Is Great: Phantoms Win Wild and Wacky Wednesday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Outlast Laval in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Flyers Trade Berube to Pave Way for Ustimenko - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Five Bridgeport players record multi-point gamea in loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Acquire Archibald, Luchuk, from Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Acquire Trent Bourque in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Recall Wittchow from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Flames Assign Glenn Gawdin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Recall Knodel; Friedman Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- IceHogs to Revive Wagon Wheel Cardinals for the 21st Annual Jersey Auction Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Sweep Marlies, 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Stefan Matteau to a Two-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract Through 2020-21 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Holding Food Drive During Next Seven Home Games to Benefit Foodlink - Rochester Americans
- Heat Open Road Trip at San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 vs. Belleville Senators - Rochester Americans
- Comets Announce 2021 AIS Empire State Classic - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Acquire F Mason Marchment from Toronto Maple Leafs - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blue Jackets Loan Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters for Conditioning Purposes, Assign Forward Kole Sherwood to Cleveland - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Americans, February 19 - Belleville Senators
- Pascal Laberge Assigned to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum for Rematch with Binghamton - Toronto Marlies
- Sound Tigers Eye Third Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.