Amerks Holding Food Drive During Next Seven Home Games to Benefit Foodlink
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today the team will hold a Food Drive during each of the next seven home games to benefit Foodlink, the regional food bank. The Food Drive will take place beginning with Rochester's game tonight against the Belleville Senators and will continue through Wednesday, Mar. 11 when the Amerks take on the Binghamton Devils, a game presented by Foodlink.
"Foodlink is a proud sponsor of the Amerks, who always go the extra mile as community partners to help us build healthier communities," said Foodlink President and CEO Julia Tedesco. "We're looking forward to welcoming the players as they volunteer in our distribution center, and, of course, to the big game on March 11."
Fans are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items by dropping them off in collection bins in front of The Blue Cross Arena Box Office, located in the lower atrium. The items will then be donated to Foodlink, which last year celebrated its remarkable 40th anniversary in Rochester.
Any fan that donates two unopened, non-perishable food items in the Foodlink bins at any of the following games will receive a complimentary voucher to the Amerks home game on Wednesday, Mar. 11 against Binghamton. Vouchers will be limited to one per person, per transaction.
Wednesday, Feb. 19 vs. Belleville
Friday, Feb. 21 vs. Lehigh Valley
Saturday, Feb. 22 vs. Cleveland
Wednesday, Feb. 26 vs. Utica
Friday, Feb. 28 vs. Laval
Wednesday, Mar. 4 vs. Utica
Wednesday, Mar. 11 vs. Binghamton
Individual game tickets for the 2019-20 season start at just $16. All memberships are up to 40% off Box Office day-of-game pricing. For more information, visit www.amerks.com or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 19, 2020
- Senators Acquire Archibald and Luchuk in Separate Trades - Belleville Senators
- Sens Complete Comeback in Rochester - Belleville Senators
- Eight Is Great: Phantoms Win Wild and Wacky Wednesday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Outlast Laval in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- Flyers Trade Berube to Pave Way for Ustimenko - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Five Bridgeport players record multi-point gamea in loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Senators Acquire Archibald, Luchuk, from Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Marlies Acquire Trent Bourque in Trade with Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Recall Wittchow from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Flames Assign Glenn Gawdin to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Phantoms Recall Knodel; Friedman Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- IceHogs to Revive Wagon Wheel Cardinals for the 21st Annual Jersey Auction Game - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Sweep Marlies, 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Stefan Matteau to a Two-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract Through 2020-21 - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Holding Food Drive During Next Seven Home Games to Benefit Foodlink - Rochester Americans
- Heat Open Road Trip at San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 vs. Belleville Senators - Rochester Americans
- Comets Announce 2021 AIS Empire State Classic - Utica Comets
- Florida Panthers Acquire F Mason Marchment from Toronto Maple Leafs - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Blue Jackets Loan Goaltender Joonas Korpisalo to Monsters for Conditioning Purposes, Assign Forward Kole Sherwood to Cleveland - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Americans, February 19 - Belleville Senators
- Pascal Laberge Assigned to Reading Royals - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Marlies Return to Coca-Cola Coliseum for Rematch with Binghamton - Toronto Marlies
- Sound Tigers Eye Third Straight Home Win Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Elect to Continue 2020-21 Season Without Fans
- Amerks Announce Schedule Change
- Amerks, T-Mobile Renew Partnership for 'Fueling the Frontlines 2.0' Community Outreach Initiative
- Amerks Hold off Crunch for Fourth Straight Win
- Amerks Rally in Third, Take Down Comets in Shootout to Win Third Straight