Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Rockford - February 19
- After a scramble in front of the Moose net, Chase De Leo hits Scott Kosmachuk with a long pass up the ice. Kosmachuk uses his speed to get the edge on the Rockford defenceman and beat Mac Carruth with a wrist shot over his glove at 8:55 of the first period.
- Moose Forward Nic Petan threads the needle on a great cross-crease pass to Thomas Raffl who beats Carruth at 1:51 of the second period.
- Rockford's Chris DeSousa goes wide and shoots the puck on net and gets through past Eric Comrie and the goal post at 12:02 of the third period.
- While shorthanded, JC Lipon battles to get possession of the puck and fires it from his own end into an empty Rockford net at 17:21 of the third period.
- During a scramble in front, Rockford's Cameron Schilling scores on a rebound with 21.3 seconds remaining in the game.
- The victory extends the Moose win streak to three games, a season high.
- Scott Kosmachuk scored his 11th goal of the season during the first period. He is now tied for second on the Moose in goals scored this year. Only Chase De Leo, who had the assist on the Kosmachuk goal, has more with 14.
- JC Lipon also scored his 11th goal of the season to tie himself for second on the team in goals. The goal was Lipon's third shorthanded goal of the season and is now tied for fifth all-time in franchise history for shorthanded goals in a season. Teammate John Albert has the all-time franchise record scoring six shorthanded goals during the 2013-14 season.
- JC Lipon extended his point streak to four games. He has three goals and eight assists for 11 points in his last six games. He is second on the team in scoring with 11 goals, 17 assists for 28 points.
- Nic Petan picked up an assist on the second period goal from Thomas Raffl. Petan is second on the Moose in assists with 19. During the month of February, the rookie forward has five goals and two assists in eight games.
- Goaltender Eric Comrie won his 11th game of the season. He continues to lead the AHL in saves with 1,092.
- Manitoba improved their record when leading after two periods to 11-1-0-1.
- The Moose scored a powerplay goal for the fifth straight game, which is a season high. In their last five games the Moose powerplay has gone 6-for-14, scoring at a 42.8% clip.
- Rockford's powerplay goal in the final moments snapped a Manitoba streak of 21 straight successful penalty kills. In their last five games the Moose penalty kill has gone 21-for-22, a 95.5% rate.
- The Moose are now 2-0-0-0 on this current five game road trip. They have also now won both games of the first half of the season series against Rockford. The two teams will play each other again on Apr. 9 & 10 in Winnipeg at the MTS Centre.
The Moose will be back in action Saturday night when they travel to face the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2016
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Milwaukee - February 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Topped by Americans, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Callahan's Two Goals Pace Griffins' 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Fall Late to IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers win in shootout - Bridgeport Islanders
- Admirals Caught in Moose Trap - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Dropped in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Ferocious Comeback Nets Phantoms Critical Standings Point at PPL - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Nudge Past Monsters 3-2 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Schaller, Ullmark Lead Amerks Past Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Pack Peppers Springfield 7-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Fight Back Again for OT Victory - Albany Devils
- Falcons Stumble in Loss to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Sweep IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- Checkers Lose Early Lead in Grand Rapids - Charlotte Checkers
- Providence Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears in Part One of Double Header - Providence Bruins
- Senators Sweep IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Reign Open Road Trip Tonight against Gulls; Multiple Roster Moves Made - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host San Jose Looking to Continue Their Home Winning Streak - Stockton Heat
- Gelinas Recalled from Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Heat Sign Two to PTO's Prior to Tonight's Game - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Open Five-Game Road Trip Tonight against Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Condors Game Preview: Cereal Bowl Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach Leslie and Forward Scott Sabourin Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Forward Michael Mersch Joins Kings - Ontario Reign
- Paul Carey to Miss Remainder of Season - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Recall Daniel Altshuller from Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Rockford - February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- Reign Add to Franchise Record with 11th Sellout of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Third Period Flurry Falls Short as Hogs Fall to Moose 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Edge the Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Hold off Condors, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Stars' Win Streak Comes in to an End in 4-1 Loss to Reign - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.