Admirals Caught in Moose Trap
Milwaukee, WI--The Admirals gave up four unanswered goals to drop their second straight game in a 4-1 loss to the Manitoba Moose at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Saturday night.
Milwaukee has scored just two goals over their past two games after scoring 24 in the six previous.
Less than five minutes into the game Max Gortz put the Ads in the lead with his 11th goal of the year. With Gortz stationed in front of the net Kevin Fiala sent a backhand pass from the backwall right to him. Gortz held the puck for a moment to pull Manitoba goalie Connor Hellebuyck out of position before sidestepping him and dumping the puck into a wide open net.
However, just 19 seconds later Manitoba evened the score at one when Brandon Kitchon fired a wrister from the top of the right dot that found its way through traffic and by Marek Mazanec.
After a scoreless second period, former Admiral Matt Halischuk redirected a shot from Julian Melchiori past Mazanec just 32 seconds into the third to give the Moose a 2-1 advantage. Halischuk has six goals on the season and four have come against his former mates.
A two-one-one with John Albert and Halischuk resulted in an Albert goal at 9:35 of the final frame to push the Moose lead to 3-1.
Milwaukee had a number of opportunities in third, including two power-plays, but they could solve Hellebuyck.
The Admirals get right back at it tomorrow when they play host to the Iowa Wild at the BMOHBC at 3 pm in the team's annual Purina Dog Day Afternoon.
Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and like us on Facebook!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2016
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Milwaukee - February 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Topped by Americans, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Callahan's Two Goals Pace Griffins' 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Fall Late to IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers win in shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Caught in Moose Trap - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Dropped in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Ferocious Comeback Nets Phantoms Critical Standings Point at PPL - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Nudge Past Monsters 3-2 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Schaller, Ullmark Lead Amerks Past Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Pack Peppers Springfield 7-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Fight Back Again for OT Victory - Albany Devils
- Falcons Stumble in Loss to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Sweep IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- Checkers Lose Early Lead in Grand Rapids - Charlotte Checkers
- Providence Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears in Part One of Double Header - Providence Bruins
- Senators Sweep IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Reign Open Road Trip Tonight against Gulls; Multiple Roster Moves Made - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host San Jose Looking to Continue Their Home Winning Streak - Stockton Heat
- Gelinas Recalled from Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Heat Sign Two to PTO's Prior to Tonight's Game - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Open Five-Game Road Trip Tonight against Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Condors Game Preview: Cereal Bowl Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach Leslie and Forward Scott Sabourin Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Forward Michael Mersch Joins Kings - Ontario Reign
- Paul Carey to Miss Remainder of Season - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Recall Daniel Altshuller from Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Rockford - February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- Reign Add to Franchise Record with 11th Sellout of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Third Period Flurry Falls Short as Hogs Fall to Moose 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Edge the Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Hold off Condors, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Stars' Win Streak Comes in to an End in 4-1 Loss to Reign - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.