Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Milwaukee - February 20
- With lots of pressure in the Moose zone, Milwaukee's Max Gortz outwaits Connor Hellebuyck and beats him with a wrist shot at 4:54 of the first period.
- Just 19 seconds later Moose defenceman Brenden Kichton shoots a hard wrist shot along the ice from just above the circles which gets past Marek Mazanec at 5:13 of the first period.
- Moose defenceman Julian Melchiori fires a shot from the point which is deflected in front by Matt Halischuk and goes past Mazanec just 32 seconds into the third period.
- Matt Halischuk creates a turnover and goes on a partial breakaway. He drops a pass to John Albert who gives it back to Halischuk who finishes off the sequence by passing the puck back cross-crease to Albert who puts it in the net at 9:35 of the third period.
- Scott Kosmachuk scores into an empty Milwaukee net with 13 seconds remaining in the third period.
- The victory extends the Moose win streak to a season high four games. The Moose have earned at least one point in six straight games. In their last eight games they are 5-1-1-1.
- Matt Halischuk scored his sixth goal of the season. He has scored three of those goals in his five games played against the Admirals. He also recorded an assist in the contest for his third multi-point game in his last four contests. In his last seven games, Halischuk has two goals and six assists for eight points.
- Brenden Kichton scored his sixth goal of the season, which is the most by any Moose defenceman this year. He is tied for second on the team in scoring with 28 points on the year, just one point behind Chase De Leo who leads with 29 points.
- Scott Kosmachuk recorded a goal and an assist. He has two goals and an assist in his last two games. Kosmachuk now has 12 goals on the season which puts him second on the Moose in goals.
- Rookie defenceman Josh Morrissey had an assist in the contest. In his last eight games he has eight points (1G, 7A).
- John Albert recorded his fifth goal in nine games during the month of February. In total Albert has eight points in nine games this month.
- Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck won his third straight game since being re-assigned to the Moose on Feb. 12. He made 31 saves in the win over Milwaukee. He has a 2.24 goals against average and a .933 save percentage in 13 games with the Moose this season.
- The Moose continued their excellent work on the penalty kill going a perfect four-for-four in the game. They are currently on a stretch of successfully killing off 25 of their last 26 penalties good for a 96.2% rate over their last six games.
- The Moose lead the season series against the Milwaukee Admirals 4-1-0-1. They will play twice more this season, both at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg on Apr. 5 & 6.
- The Moose are now 3-0-0-0 on this current five game road trip. They have two games remaining against the Iowa Wild this Monday and Wednesday
The Moose will move onto the final series of this five game road trip when they face the Iowa Wild in the first of two meetings on Monday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2016
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Milwaukee - February 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Topped by Americans, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Callahan's Two Goals Pace Griffins' 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Fall Late to IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers win in shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Caught in Moose Trap - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Dropped in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Ferocious Comeback Nets Phantoms Critical Standings Point at PPL - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Nudge Past Monsters 3-2 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Schaller, Ullmark Lead Amerks Past Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Pack Peppers Springfield 7-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Fight Back Again for OT Victory - Albany Devils
- Falcons Stumble in Loss to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Sweep IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- Checkers Lose Early Lead in Grand Rapids - Charlotte Checkers
- Providence Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears in Part One of Double Header - Providence Bruins
- Senators Sweep IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Reign Open Road Trip Tonight against Gulls; Multiple Roster Moves Made - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host San Jose Looking to Continue Their Home Winning Streak - Stockton Heat
- Gelinas Recalled from Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Heat Sign Two to PTO's Prior to Tonight's Game - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Open Five-Game Road Trip Tonight against Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Condors Game Preview: Cereal Bowl Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach Leslie and Forward Scott Sabourin Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Forward Michael Mersch Joins Kings - Ontario Reign
- Paul Carey to Miss Remainder of Season - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Recall Daniel Altshuller from Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Rockford - February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- Reign Add to Franchise Record with 11th Sellout of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Third Period Flurry Falls Short as Hogs Fall to Moose 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Edge the Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Hold off Condors, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Stars' Win Streak Comes in to an End in 4-1 Loss to Reign - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.