Condors Game Preview: Cereal Bowl Giveaway Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The Bakersfield Condors host the Texas Stars at 7 p.m. tonight on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena. The first 2,000 kids, 12 & under, will make breakfast even cooler with their own Condors cereal bowl.
Bakersfield Condors (Edmonton Oilers) v. Texas Stars (Dallas Stars)
TIME: 7 p.m. (Doors open at 5:45 for members / 6 p.m. for general public)
PROMOTION: The first 2,000 kids, 12 & under, will take home a Condors cereal bowl presented by Eyewitness News, 98.5 The Fox, and Rabobank
BROADCAST: Video (AHL Live) | Radio (Fox Sports 970 AM) | MOBILE (iHeartRadio App - Fox Sports 970)
What's for dinner?: Tap Room - Fried Chicken, Coleslaw Biscuit // Club Room - Chili Verde, Rice and Beans, Ensalada Fresca, Chipotle Sour Cream, Buenelos // Check out the arena concessions amenities map // Firestone Grill - looking for a a great spot for a pregame meal before heading to the game? Check out Firestone Grill at 3501 California Ave., just outside of downtown Bakersfield
The Bakersfield Condors play game two of a five-game homstand tonight against the Texas Stars. Both teams saw long winning streaks end last night as Texas had a six-game streak snapped in Ontario and the Condors lost at home to San Diego, ending a five-game run. Bakersfield is in search of their first victory against the Stars this season as Texas has opened with four straight wins. The season series concludes in Cedar Park on March 29.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield fell behind 3-0, but mounted a charge last night in a 3-2 loss to San Diego. C Josh Winquist returned to the lineup and recorded a multi-point game with a goal and assist. RW Andrew Miller's third period goal cut the lead to one, but the Condors could not find the equalizer.
Texas was outscored 3-0 in the third period in Ontario last night and fell 4-1. G Maxime Lagace took the loss, making 31 saves on 34 shots. C Jason Dickinson potted his 16th goal of the season to equalize before the second intermission.
22 GAMES REMAIN; THREE TEAMS TIED FOR FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT
With 22 games remaining, there is a three-way tie in the Pacific Division for the final guaranteed playoff spot. Bakersfield, San Diego, and San Jose each have 50 points (.543%) through 46 games with each playing 68 games this season. Bakersfield would win the tiebreaker by virtue of their 22 ROW (regulation+overtime wins). San Diego has 20 and San Jose has 18. If the playoffs started today, Charlotte would hold the crossover spot and slot fourth in the Pacific by virtue of their .559 point percentage. San Diego hosts Ontario tonight while San Jose visits Stockton.
LW Luke Gazdic played 256 games with the Stars over four seasons. His best season came in 2011-12 when he notched 11 goals, 12 assists, and 23 points to go along with 102 penalty minutes... RW Andrew Miller has 10 points over a five-game scoring streak (3g-7a)... LW Rob Klinkhammer has six points in four games (4g-2a) including an assist last night.
Texas was without their leading scorer, C Travis Morin, and their leading goal-scorer, C Greg Rallo, last night in Ontario. Morin has seven points (3g-4a) in his last six games... The Stars have the most road wins in the Western Conference with a 16-12-1-3 record away from Cedar Park Center... C Jason Dickinson has vaulted to second in the rookie scoring race wiht 40 points (16g-24a) in 54 games. He is three behind Rampage winger Mikko Rantanen... D Julius Honka is t-4th in the AHL among d-men in scoring with 34 points (9g-25a) in 55 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 20, 2016
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Milwaukee - February 20 - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Topped by Americans, 6-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Callahan's Two Goals Pace Griffins' 5-2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Fall Late to IceHogs - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers win in shootout - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Caught in Moose Trap - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Dropped in Overtime - Utica Comets
- Ferocious Comeback Nets Phantoms Critical Standings Point at PPL - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rampage Rally for 3-2 Shootout Win over Monsters - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Nudge Past Monsters 3-2 in Shootout - Cleveland Monsters
- Schaller, Ullmark Lead Amerks Past Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Pack Peppers Springfield 7-2 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Albany Devils Fight Back Again for OT Victory - Albany Devils
- Falcons Stumble in Loss to Wolf Pack - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Sweep IceCaps - Binghamton Senators
- Checkers Lose Early Lead in Grand Rapids - Charlotte Checkers
- Providence Bruins Fall to Hershey Bears in Part One of Double Header - Providence Bruins
- Senators Sweep IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Bears Battle Past Bruins - Hershey Bears
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Reign Open Road Trip Tonight against Gulls; Multiple Roster Moves Made - Ontario Reign
- Heat Host San Jose Looking to Continue Their Home Winning Streak - Stockton Heat
- Gelinas Recalled from Quad City - Iowa Wild
- Heat Sign Two to PTO's Prior to Tonight's Game - Stockton Heat
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Open Five-Game Road Trip Tonight against Gulls - Ontario Reign
- Condors Game Preview: Cereal Bowl Giveaway Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman Zach Leslie and Forward Scott Sabourin Reassigned to Manchester - Ontario Reign
- Forward Michael Mersch Joins Kings - Ontario Reign
- Paul Carey to Miss Remainder of Season - Hershey Bears
- Checkers Recall Daniel Altshuller from Florida - Charlotte Checkers
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Rockford - February 19 - Manitoba Moose
- Reign Add to Franchise Record with 11th Sellout of the Season - Ontario Reign
- Third Period Flurry Falls Short as Hogs Fall to Moose 3-2 - Rockford IceHogs
- Gulls Edge the Condors, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Hold off Condors, 3-2 - San Diego Gulls
- Stars' Win Streak Comes in to an End in 4-1 Loss to Reign - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bakersfield Condors Stories
- Shoot for Your Seats and Break in the Condors Ice Sunday, September 22
- Register Now for the 2019 Condors Charity Golf Classic
- Condors Promotional Schedule Features Fun for Everyone
- Condors Sign Beau Starrett to AHL Contract
- Condors Beat Writer Mike Griffith Named Winner of 2018-19 James H. Ellery Memorial Award