Mallards Look to Bounce Back in Wisconsin Rapids
After taking a 5-0 shutout loss to the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (6-5) on Thursday night, the Madison Mallards (5-6) take the trip to Wisconsin Rapids to complete the home-and-home on Friday.
The Rafters won on Thursday thanks to some key two-out hitting and a great pitching performance from Justin Beyer (Wagner) who threw seven shutout innings.
The Rafters had three consecutive RBI-singles with two outs in the third inning against Mallards starter Kyle Jungers (Edgewood) and that was all they needed as Beyer and the Rafters bullpen finished with the shutout.
Tonight the Mallards will send Eliot Turnquist (Ball State) to the mound. Turnquist has made one start this season in which he pitched 2.1 innings and gave up three earned runs. He struck out four batters as well.
Pitching for the Rafters tonight will be Cole Eigenhuis (Washington). Eigenhuis has made one start this season in which he pitched four innings and gave up two runs with three strikeouts.
First pitch in Wisconsin Rapids tonight is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. at Witter Field. The Mallards then head home to the Duck Pond to start a weekend two-game set with the Green Bay Booyah.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Bullpen Dazzles in Low Scoring Affair, Gates Immaculate in Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah Rally on the Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Drop First Game in Mankato, 2-1 - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Fall to Mallards at Witter Field, Split Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Fall to Woodchucks - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bombers Come from Behind Once Again for Fourth Straight Win - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Drop Game Two to Rockford 10-3 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Chucks' Offense Active Early in Win over Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Start Weekend Trip - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Pitching Dominates, Shuts out Bismarck 4-0 - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Look to Bounce Back in Wisconsin Rapids - Madison Mallards
- Express Walk It off for the 3rd Time - Eau Claire Express
- Rafters Shut Down Mallards, Win in Madison 5-0 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Drop First Matchup against Stingers in Willmar - Mankato MoonDogs
- Kingfish Put up Late Rally, But Fall to Rivets on Walk-OffÃÂ - Kenosha Kingfish
- Ziegler Walk-Off Hero in Seesaw Battle with Kenosha - Rockford Rivets
- Rain Delay Does Not Keep Dock Spiders from Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- 13th-Inning Rally Boosts Chinooks Past Booyah - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Score Season-High 11 Runs in Third Straight Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Defeat Mankato 8-4 in the First of Four - Willmar Stingers
- Booyah Fall in Extras - Green Bay Booyah
- Woodchucks Battle Rain, Fall to Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Woodchucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Mallards Drop First of Four against Dock Spiders
- Mallards Look to Keep Bats Hot as They Host Fond Du Lac
- Mallards Hang on Late, Win 10-8 to Split Series with Woodchucks
- Mallards Fall in Close Game at Wausau
- Every Batter to be the Great Dane Beer Batter Friday, June 25