Express Walk It off for the 3rd Time
Another win, another walk-off. Our 3rd of the season in just 4 wins. We'd like to think that must be a record or something, but no matter how you look at it, all in all, it's another big win for the Express.
No matter the outcome, this game came up big in a list of milestones for the season as Long Beach State's Connor Burns managed to hammer out the Express's first home run of the season. But in addition, of course,
Although rocky to begin, Jack Brown held on to pitch for 6 full innings on the mound. Following right behind him was Eastern Florida State's KC Swords, who had a nice outing all together pitching 3 innings while only giving up 1 hit. To end the night, Winona State's Nick Herold pitched 1 closing inning, giving up absolutely nothing.
Against one of the hottest starting teams in the Northwoods League right now, the Express ended firing on all cylinders, all capped off by a passed ball that led Dallas Baptist's Max Blessinger home for the winning run.
As this was such an exciting game, after all, we can only hope to repeat tomorrow and capture another win to end the 5-game homestand, again facing Waterloo in the finale. The Express will hit the road tomorrow, Saturday, June 12th, to face the St. Cloud Rox for a 2 game series, and then it's off to Bismarck to take on the Larks in a 2 game series. The Express will return home on Thursday, June 17th, for 4 game homestand.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Walks Continue to Haunt - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies Drop Series against Rox - Duluth Huskies
- Bullpen Dazzles in Low Scoring Affair, Gates Immaculate in Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah Rally on the Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Drop First Game in Mankato, 2-1 - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Fall to Mallards at Witter Field, Split Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Fall to Woodchucks - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bombers Come from Behind Once Again for Fourth Straight Win - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Drop Game Two to Rockford 10-3 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Chucks' Offense Active Early in Win over Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Start Weekend Trip - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Pitching Dominates, Shuts out Bismarck 4-0 - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Look to Bounce Back in Wisconsin Rapids - Madison Mallards
- Express Walk It off for the 3rd Time - Eau Claire Express
- Rafters Shut Down Mallards, Win in Madison 5-0 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Drop First Matchup against Stingers in Willmar - Mankato MoonDogs
- Kingfish Put up Late Rally, But Fall to Rivets on Walk-OffÃÂ - Kenosha Kingfish
- Ziegler Walk-Off Hero in Seesaw Battle with Kenosha - Rockford Rivets
- Rain Delay Does Not Keep Dock Spiders from Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- 13th-Inning Rally Boosts Chinooks Past Booyah - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Score Season-High 11 Runs in Third Straight Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Defeat Mankato 8-4 in the First of Four - Willmar Stingers
- Booyah Fall in Extras - Green Bay Booyah
- Woodchucks Battle Rain, Fall to Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Woodchucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.