Rox Score Season-High 11 Runs in Third Straight Win
St. Cloud, MN - After two straight comeback wins, St. Cloud (5-4) left no doubt on Thursday night, beating Duluth (3-8) in a blowout, 11-5.
On throwback Thursday night at the park, with the players wearing vintage jerseys, the Rox claimed their first three-game winning streak of the 2021 summer. This is also the first time that St. Cloud has climbed above .500 on the season.
The Rox posted their eleven runs with a combination of offensive production and taking advantage of Duluth's mistakes. St. Cloud posted 11 hits on the day, tying a season-high, but also took advantage of 14 walks and five errors from Duluth's pitching to stack up the season-high 11 scores.
Cody Kelly (Minnesota) led the way with a two-RBI single early to put the Rox up 4-3. He drew four walks in his final four at-bats, totaling five appearances on the base path and driving in three runs against the Huskies.
It was also another big game for Tyson Fisher (Dixie State), who extended his team lead in RBI's after he doubled to bring in the Rox final run of the night. After his 2-for-5 day today, Fisher is now hitting .300 with eight RBI's this summer.
Eight of the nine batters in the Rox order recorded a hit for the second time this season and everybody in the lineup reached base as St. Cloud went through the batting order nearly six times.
On the mound, the Rox sent a trio of hurlers out and all three had success. Bryce Robison (BYU) started the game and went five innings and got the win, allowing just three earned runs with four strikeouts.
Austin Schneider (Texas at Tyler) and Max Rippl (Kent State) came out of the bullpen and finished off the game with four combined innings. The relievers allowed just one run on two hits and closed out the Rox third win over the Huskies this summer.
The Rox continue their seven-game homestand on Friday night and conclude the two-game series with the Huskies. First pitch is at 7:05 pm from Joe Faber Field. Following Friday's game, St. Cloud will welcome the Eau Claire Express to town for the weekend with games on Saturday and Sunday.
Images from this story
St. Cloud Rox exchange fist bumps
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Walks Continue to Haunt - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies Drop Series against Rox - Duluth Huskies
- Bullpen Dazzles in Low Scoring Affair, Gates Immaculate in Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Booyah Rally on the Road - Green Bay Booyah
- Stingers Drop First Game in Mankato, 2-1 - Willmar Stingers
- Rafters Fall to Mallards at Witter Field, Split Series - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Dock Spiders Fall to Woodchucks - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Bombers Come from Behind Once Again for Fourth Straight Win - Battle Creek Bombers
- Kingfish Drop Game Two to Rockford 10-3 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Chucks' Offense Active Early in Win over Fond du Lac - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Booyah Start Weekend Trip - Green Bay Booyah
- Loggers Pitching Dominates, Shuts out Bismarck 4-0 - La Crosse Loggers
- Mallards Look to Bounce Back in Wisconsin Rapids - Madison Mallards
- Express Walk It off for the 3rd Time - Eau Claire Express
- Rafters Shut Down Mallards, Win in Madison 5-0 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Drop First Matchup against Stingers in Willmar - Mankato MoonDogs
- Kingfish Put up Late Rally, But Fall to Rivets on Walk-OffÃÂ - Kenosha Kingfish
- Ziegler Walk-Off Hero in Seesaw Battle with Kenosha - Rockford Rivets
- Rain Delay Does Not Keep Dock Spiders from Win - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- 13th-Inning Rally Boosts Chinooks Past Booyah - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Rox Score Season-High 11 Runs in Third Straight Win - St. Cloud Rox
- Stingers Defeat Mankato 8-4 in the First of Four - Willmar Stingers
- Booyah Fall in Extras - Green Bay Booyah
- Woodchucks Battle Rain, Fall to Dock Spiders - Wisconsin Woodchucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.