Legends release 2010 schedule, will celebrate 10th year
The Lexington Legends will celebrate their 10th year of baseball in 2010, and the home schedule offers fans a wide variety of opportunities to be part of the fun at Applebee's Park. Forcht Bank will serve as the season sponsor for 2010.
The first of 70 home games is scheduled for April 16, and the 2010 schedule includes eight full weekends at home. Fans can also celebrate the summer holidays with the Legends, who play at home on Memorial Day (May 31), Independence Day and Labor Day (September 6).
The Legends, a class A affiliate of the Houston Astros, will return to the Northern Division of the South Atlantic League next season, but will open on the road April 8 against a Southern Division opponent, the Charleston RiverDogs, a New York Yankees affiliate.
After the trip to Charleston and Kannapolis April 8-15, the Legends will return to Lexington to open the home schedule April 16 against the Greenville Drive, an affiliate of the Boston Red Sox. The first home stand also includes a four-game series against the Asheville Tourists (Colorado Rockies).
"We're excited to celebrate our 10th anniversary back in the Northern Division of the SAL," said Legends General Manager Andy Shea. "The wheels started turning months ago preparing for our 10th season of business."
The Legends will play 16 home games in May and 16 in July. Lexington will have eight home games in April, 12 in June, 12 in August and six in September. Among the other SAL opponents that will visit Lexington in 2010 are the Augusta GreenJackets (San Francisco Giants affiliate), the Rome Braves (Atlanta Braves) and the Savannah Sand Gnats (New York Mets).
Popular promotions such as Thirsty Thursdays, education days, fireworks nights, military appreciation and many others, as well as the top entertainment acts on the minor league circuit, will again be part of Legends baseball in 2010.
For more information, call the Legends box office at (859) 422-7867 or visit
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 20, 2009
- GreenJackets Sweep Sand Gnats in Thirsty Thursday Twinbill - Augusta GreenJackets
- Frias Leads Hagerstown Past Lakewood - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Split Doubleheader, Series with Crawdads - Greenville Drive
- Crawdads and Drive split pair on Thursday - Hickory Crawdads
- Five Errors Haunt Power - West Virginia Power
- Intimdiators Sweep Legends, 7-5 - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Suns Shutout BlueClaws - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Intimidators Win 7-5 over Legends - Lexington Legends
- Tourists Win 7-3 to Split WV Series - Asheville Tourists
- Hot Rods Fall to Greensboro - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Charleston-Rome Suspended Due to Rain in Fifth Inning - Charleston RiverDogs
- Braves and RiverDogs Suspended - Rome Braves
- Legends release 2010 schedule, will celebrate 10th year - Lexington Legends
- Hoppers Outlast Hot Rods For Second Straight Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- BlueClaws Unveil New Logo - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Maryland ballparks; unique and different - OSC Original by Marc Viquez
- Unemployment Night this Monday - Hickory Crawdads
- September 2nd Game Time Change - Augusta GreenJackets
- Playoff Tickets Go On Sale Next Friday - Augusta GreenJackets
- Minor to Start for Rome - Rome Braves
- Tourists Ready For "Baseball and Beers" This Saturday - Asheville Tourists
- Suns' bats quiet in loss to BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Brandon Phillips Joins Shea Family Lexington Legends Ownership Group
- Lexington Legends Sign Two Former Cincinnati Reds
- Legends Agree to Terms with Former Major Leaguers Josh Ravin, Mike Hauschild and 7 Others
- Legends Announce Return of Battle of the Bourbon Trail for Exhibition Games
- Lexington Legends to Collaborate with University of Kentucky Event Planning Students to Host a 'Shop Local with the Legends' Vendor Fair, April 24