BlueClaws Unveil New Logo
LAKEWOOD, NJ -The Lakewood BlueClaws (A- Phillies) have unveiled a new logo and a new identity as the Jersey Shore's premier home for affordable family fun prepares for their 10th season next spring.
"Today marks the next era in BlueClaws baseball," Lakewood BlueClaws General Manager Geoff Brown said. "Our new look is part of our continuing effort to celebrate the spirit of family fun and entertainment at the Jersey Shore."
The new Primary Logo depicts a determined crab pitching a baseball. Fans will also notice new 'driftwood style' team lettering inspired by lettering seen on Jersey Shore boardwalks.
Phillies Red, Dark Atlantic Blue, Crab Blue and Sea Mist Light Blue make up the club's new official colors. The BlueClaws are the only professional sports team to use this color combination.
The redesigned home uniforms feature white tops showcasing the team's 'BlueClaws' lettering across the chest. Both the jersey and pants have Dark Atlantic Blue trim. The new Dark Atlantic Blue home cap features a crab mischievously throwing a baseball. On the road, the BlueClaws will wear Phillies Red caps with Dark Atlantic Blue bills (also featuring a crab throwing), and gray uniforms with Phillies Red trim.
"We decided to do this today as a big celebration of our 4-millionth fan, coming up this homestand, and a great way to kick off the push to the 10th season in BlueClaws history," said Brown.
Lakewood released their 2010 schedule (click here) at the conference. The home schedule opens on Friday, April 16th against Greensboro, and features two visits from the Yankees SAL affiliate (Charleston) and one from the Mets affiliate (Savannah).
The BlueClaws are also just 28,721 fans away from reaching the 4-million mark. They will be the fastest team in New Jersey and Minor League Baseball history to reach that plateau, in their ninth season.
The BlueClaws' makeover is the work of Plan B Branding, a San Diego-grown creative ideas company specializing in storytelling and branding ideas. Partners Casey White & Jason Klein dreamed up fresh looks for the World Series, Cincinnati Reds, and Phillies affiliates in Williamsport, Clearwater Reading and most recently, Lehigh Valley. Lehigh Valley's IronPigs logo, designed by Plan B, was the number one selling logo in Minor League Baseball last year.
"We went with Plan B, with Jason and Casey, because of their great history in designing logos that captivate baseball fans across the country," said Brown. "We think they struck gold yet again."
The development process began last February when Klein and White met with fans, staff and community members to learn about the stories, history, and personality of the Jersey Shore.
"The BlueClaws stand for wacky fun, playfulness, and escaping for a night out," said Plan B's Jason Klein. "Our goal was to capture this heart and soul and communicate it through the look and feel of the new identity."
There will be very limited availability of "Pinchy" merchandise, featuring the team's logo since their original season of 2001. The BlueClaws have eight home games remaining in 2009, and merchandise featuring the new logo as well as merchandise with the old logo are available at the ClawsCove, or online at BlueClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 20, 2009
- GreenJackets Sweep Sand Gnats in Thirsty Thursday Twinbill - Augusta GreenJackets
- Frias Leads Hagerstown Past Lakewood - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Split Doubleheader, Series with Crawdads - Greenville Drive
- Crawdads and Drive split pair on Thursday - Hickory Crawdads
- Five Errors Haunt Power - West Virginia Power
- Intimdiators Sweep Legends, 7-5 - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Suns Shutout BlueClaws - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Intimidators Win 7-5 over Legends - Lexington Legends
- Tourists Win 7-3 to Split WV Series - Asheville Tourists
- Hot Rods Fall to Greensboro - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Charleston-Rome Suspended Due to Rain in Fifth Inning - Charleston RiverDogs
- Braves and RiverDogs Suspended - Rome Braves
- Legends release 2010 schedule, will celebrate 10th year - Lexington Legends
- Hoppers Outlast Hot Rods For Second Straight Win - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- BlueClaws Unveil New Logo - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Maryland ballparks; unique and different - OSC Original by Marc Viquez
- Unemployment Night this Monday - Hickory Crawdads
- September 2nd Game Time Change - Augusta GreenJackets
- Playoff Tickets Go On Sale Next Friday - Augusta GreenJackets
- Minor to Start for Rome - Rome Braves
- Tourists Ready For "Baseball and Beers" This Saturday - Asheville Tourists
- Suns' bats quiet in loss to BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakewood BlueClaws Stories
- Birds Draw 11 Walks, Blank BlueClaws 14-0
- Morales Fans 10 But Birds Walk-Off with 2-1 Win on Wednesday
- Kroon Comes Through; Claws Hold off Birds for 4-2 Tuesday Win
- Pitching Sharp But Claws Fall 2-1 at Greensboro
- Martin Stuns Claws Twice with Sunday Walk-Off Home Runs