Larks Pitching Continues to Soar
BISMARCK - The Larks defeated the Flickertails 10-1 in a game presented by Townsquare on Tuesday night to improve to 26-12 on the 2020 season.
Municipal Ballpark has been home to some great starting pitching as of late, Tuesday was no exception. Larks starter Reed Butz went seven outstanding innings while allowing no earned runs to earn the win. Butz kept Flickertail batters guessing all night and finished the night with seven strikeouts.
Among all other things for the Larks, newcomers Nick Henrichs and Brett Thompson started their Larks careers off with a successful debut. Thompson doubled in the fourth for his first hit with the Larks and reached base three times throughout the night, while Henrichs came in to pitch the final six outs of the game while only allowing one hit.Â
Despite the loss, Flickertails starter Dillon Larsen went five innings and allowed just two earned runs. The Flickertail lefty was throwing gas, at times hitting 90mph on the radar gun for the Metro-Area Ambulance Fastest Pitch.Â
Dakota Finley had himself a productive night at the plate, the Larks right fielder went 1-4 with two RBIs. Finley wasted no time by knocking in two runs on a two RBI single with the bases loaded in the first inning for the Fetzer Electric Play of The Game.
The Larks have another day off on Wednesday, while the Flickertails are back in action against the Bull Moose for a 7:05 first pitch. Patrick Pridgen and Brad Hodges are the probable starters.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 18, 2020
- Woodchucks Rally Late, But Fall to Rafters at Athletic Park - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Beat Honkers, Magic Number to Clinch Is Two - St. Cloud Rox
- Rox Pile Together Seven-Run Inning in Series-Opening Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Larks Pitching Continues to Soar - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Win 3-2 Versus Woodchucks in Wausau - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Get Stung in Franklin Rogers Park Finale against StingersÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Come Alive for 17 Runs in Win over MoonDogs - Willmar Stingers
- Growlers Sweep Bombers, Extend Lead to 9 Games in SW MI Pod - Battle Creek Bombers
- Hohlfeld Dominates in Spitters Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Head to Wausau for Final Time in 2020 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Tries to Even Series with Fondy - Green Bay Booyah
- It's the Final Week of the 2020 Northwoods League Season - La Crosse Loggers
- Harry Potter Night Jersey Auction to Benefit the Children's Theater of Madison - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Win 13-12 Thriller in Rockford - La Crosse Loggers
- Woodchucks Drop Final 2020 Game at Witter Field - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Dominate Booyah in 10-0 Shutout - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Beat Woodchucks 10-3 to Clinch Regular-Season Championship - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.