Green Bay Tries to Even Series with Fondy
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah head to Fond du Lac for the final time during the regular season as they take on the Dock Spiders to finish their season series.
The Booyah come in following a 10-0 loss last night at Herr-Baker Field. The Dock Spiders, who are 30-15 on the year, have now beat Green Bay in five consecutive games. The Booyah only had two hits on Monday night, both of which came in the fourth inning off the bats of Andy Blake and Nick Kreutzer.
Green Bay returns to play tonight with a 17-26 overall record, still a half game in front of Rockford for the final playoff spot with three games to play. With a win tonight and a Rockford loss, the Booyah would just need one win over the Rivets in the final two games of the season. Whoever is able to clinch the final playoff spot in the East division will travel to Fond du Lac for the opening round of the playoffs.
Tonight, Green Bay turns to Dixie State freshman Ben Hart to make his fourth start of the year. Hart has a 1.32 WHIP during the course of the 2020 season, and comes in following an impressive outing at La Crosse. On August 13th, Hart went four and a third, giving up just one hit and striking out six Loggers hitters.
First pitch from Fond du Lac is scheduled for 6:35pm, with the Dock Spiders sending Jake Brooks to the mound. In two outings against Green Bay this season, Brooks is 0-1, and has given up two earned runs in just an inning and a third on the mound. Pregame from Herr-Baker field starts at 6:25pm, and can be heard on WOCO 107.1FM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 18, 2020
- Woodchucks Rally Late, But Fall to Rafters at Athletic Park - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Beat Honkers, Magic Number to Clinch Is Two - St. Cloud Rox
- Rox Pile Together Seven-Run Inning in Series-Opening Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Larks Pitching Continues to Soar - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Win 3-2 Versus Woodchucks in Wausau - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Get Stung in Franklin Rogers Park Finale against StingersÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Come Alive for 17 Runs in Win over MoonDogs - Willmar Stingers
- Growlers Sweep Bombers, Extend Lead to 9 Games in SW MI Pod - Battle Creek Bombers
- Hohlfeld Dominates in Spitters Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Head to Wausau for Final Time in 2020 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Tries to Even Series with Fondy - Green Bay Booyah
- It's the Final Week of the 2020 Northwoods League Season - La Crosse Loggers
- Harry Potter Night Jersey Auction to Benefit the Children's Theater of Madison - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Win 13-12 Thriller in Rockford - La Crosse Loggers
- Woodchucks Drop Final 2020 Game at Witter Field - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Dominate Booyah in 10-0 Shutout - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Beat Woodchucks 10-3 to Clinch Regular-Season Championship - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday & December 3rd Blowout Sale Info
- Booyah Announce 2021 Northwoods League Schedule
- Family Math...With a Focus on Fun and You
- Booyah Announce Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest
- Booyah Announces Rocky Bal-Booyah's Turkey Day Coloring Contest