Dock Spiders Dominate Booyah in 10-0 Shutout
FOND DU LAC, WI - The Dock Spiders (30-15) put in a stellar performance at the plate and on the mound as they rolled to a 10-0 shutout victory over the Booyah (17-26) on Monday night.
Both team's starters threw scoreless frames through the first two innings, but the Dock Spiders br0ke through in the third after Aaron Anderson (Liberty University) smoked a base hit to right field that brought home a run to extend his hit streak to nine games.
The bottom of the fourth saw Fond du Lac plate four more runs, highlighted by an RBI-triple from Andrew McKenna (Santa Barbara City College) that made it 2-0. Tanner Smith (University of Oregon) added another on his single to right that scored McKenna to make it 3-0. Marcos Sanchez (Texas Wesleyan University) added to the Fond du Lac lead on a single to center field that plated two to put Fondy out to a 6-0 lead.
In the fifth, it would be the other Oregon product Sam Novitske (University of Oregon) bringing in his teammate Smith on a ground ball to the right side that added the extra point and made it 7-0 Dock Spiders.
Anderson and Sanchez both scored in the sixth for the home team to get them within a run of double digits once again.
The Dock Spiders would get that run to get to double digits after Bryan Javier (Campbellsville University) scored on a wild pitch that gave Fondy a 10-0 lead.
After a game in Rockford that had six different pitchers throw for the Dock Spiders, only two were needed on Monday night, with just one move to the bullpen. Jacob Myer (Purdue University Fort Wayne) added another quality start to his line after throwing five innings and one-third and striking out six while allowing just two hits. He recorded his second win of the year to move to 2-0. Hayden Fox (University of Wisconsin-Whitewater) also put up some great numbers; he did not allow one hit over three innings and two-thirds and sat down two batters in the process to notch his first save of the season.
The Dock Spiders will end the two-game series against the Booyah and try for the sweep on Tuesday night with a 6:35 first pitch.
Images from this story
Fond du Lac Dock Spiders at the plate
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 18, 2020
- Woodchucks Rally Late, But Fall to Rafters at Athletic Park - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Beat Honkers, Magic Number to Clinch Is Two - St. Cloud Rox
- Rox Pile Together Seven-Run Inning in Series-Opening Loss - Rochester Honkers
- Larks Pitching Continues to Soar - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Win 3-2 Versus Woodchucks in Wausau - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- MoonDogs Get Stung in Franklin Rogers Park Finale against StingersÃÂ - Mankato MoonDogs
- Stingers Come Alive for 17 Runs in Win over MoonDogs - Willmar Stingers
- Growlers Sweep Bombers, Extend Lead to 9 Games in SW MI Pod - Battle Creek Bombers
- Hohlfeld Dominates in Spitters Win - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Rafters Head to Wausau for Final Time in 2020 - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Green Bay Tries to Even Series with Fondy - Green Bay Booyah
- It's the Final Week of the 2020 Northwoods League Season - La Crosse Loggers
- Harry Potter Night Jersey Auction to Benefit the Children's Theater of Madison - Madison Mallards
- Loggers Win 13-12 Thriller in Rockford - La Crosse Loggers
- Woodchucks Drop Final 2020 Game at Witter Field - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Dominate Booyah in 10-0 Shutout - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Rafters Beat Woodchucks 10-3 to Clinch Regular-Season Championship - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Under New Ownership
- Dock Spiders Announce 2021 Schedule
- Dock Spiders Announce Ticket Plans and Cyber Sales for 2020 Christmas Season
- Dock Spiders 2021 Summer Internships Available
- Charbonneau Steps Down as Manager & Thielmann Returns to Team