Lagace Earns Second Shutout, P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport, 4-0
BRIDGEPORT, CT. - Max Lagace recorded a 30-save shutout and Peter Cehlarik recorded his third multi-point game of the season as the Providence Bruins defeated the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-0, on Tuesday night.
Ryan Fitzgerald, Cameron Hughes and Robert Lantosi also scored for Providence in the team's second consecutive victory.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 1 2 1 4
BRIDGEPORT 0 0 0 0
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"I thought it was probably our best game to date. I thought our start was terrific. We were on our toes, we got pucks behind them and got in on the forecheck. We capitalized early and carried on into the second. When we made our mistakes our goaltender really bailed us out. I thought overall it was a nice team win."
MAX LAGACE - 30-SAVE SHUTOUT
"I felt good. The guys played a really solid game and made me feel comfortable so when I had to come up with a save, the confidence was there to just get it done. I thought the guys played unreal.
"The 'D' blocked a ton of shots. It was a great game and a great team effort. I'm really proud of the boys and it was great to get a big win on the road."
PETER CEHLARIK - ONE GOAL, ONE ASSIST
"It's always good to get one early in the game, especially on the road. I think it helps the team a lot and it felt really good putting that one in early.
"I'm just trying to take it day by day. Tomorrow's a new day and this game is in the past now. It's time to turn the page and start thinking about the next game."
- With a goal and an assist tonight, Cehlarik has recorded seven points (5G, 2A) in five games this season.
- Lagace's 30-save shutout was the second of the season, making him the only goalie in the AHL with multiple shutouts.
- With their goals tonight, Lantosi and Hughes have both scored in two consecutive contests.
- Fitzgerald extended his point streak to three games (2G, 2A) after scoring his third goal of the season tonight.
- The Bruins will return home to Providence to take on the Laval Rocket on Saturday, October 26 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2019
- Legace Stonewalls Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lagace Earns Second Shutout, P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport, 4-0 - Providence Bruins
- Condors Host Two Games on Wednesday and Stranger Things Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Halloween Spooktacular Presented by New York's 529 College Savings Program Direct Plan October 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Assign Loggins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Roadrunners "Frozen 4-Pack" on Sale Now for Saturday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #3: Surging Bears to Face Amerks, Comets this Week - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Open Homestand against Admirals, Moose and Stars - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Svechnikov Recalled, Biega Assigned by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Percy Excited to Re-Join Senators - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Oliver Kylington - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Continue Expansion of STEM Learning Program in Northeast Ohio - Cleveland Monsters
- Tinordi Suspended Three Games by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game February 22 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Defenseman Kelly Summers to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Battle Bruins Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime
- P-Bruins Win Eighth Straight Game, Top Hartford Wolf Pack, 3-2