Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that they have recalled forward Brandon Hawkins from the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Hawkins, 25, is in his first full season of professional hockey and has put up two goals and two assists for four points in the Nailers' first four games of the season. Hawkins also played briefly with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on an amateur tryout agreement at the end of last season, scoring in both of his first two AHL games.
Last season, the undrafted free agent from Macomb Township, Michigan posted collegiate career highs in assists (21) and points (33) for Northeastern University. Prior to becoming an NCAA Division I athlete, Hawkins played junior hockey with the Sioux City Musketeers (USHL) and Texas Tornado (NAHL). Hawkins was named NAHL Rookie of the Year in 2013 after topping the entire league with 35 goals.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct. 23, when it pays a visit to the Binghamton Devils. The Penguins have two home games this weekend, Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26. Both games are against the San Antonio Rampage.
Friday's game against the Rampage is the first Eyewitness News Fan Friday of the season, with lower-bowl seating available for $15, and select draught beers on sale for $2 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Two Penguins players will be on the concourse signing autographs after the game, as well. Puck drop between the Penguins and Rampage is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza on both nights.
Individual tickets to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games are on sale now and can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, Ticketmaster.com, or by contacting the Penguins offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the Penguins' 2019-20 regular season, including Full Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV are available now. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2019-20 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 22, 2019
- Legace Stonewalls Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lagace Earns Second Shutout, P-Bruins Defeat Bridgeport, 4-0 - Providence Bruins
- Condors Host Two Games on Wednesday and Stranger Things Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Halloween Spooktacular Presented by New York's 529 College Savings Program Direct Plan October 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Penguins Recall Macoy Erkamps from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Assign Loggins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Roadrunners "Frozen 4-Pack" on Sale Now for Saturday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bears Weekly #3: Surging Bears to Face Amerks, Comets this Week - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Open Homestand against Admirals, Moose and Stars - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Svechnikov Recalled, Biega Assigned by Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Percy Excited to Re-Join Senators - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Oliver Kylington - Stockton Heat
- Weekly: Penguins Rolling with First Win Streak of Season - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Continue Expansion of STEM Learning Program in Northeast Ohio - Cleveland Monsters
- Tinordi Suspended Three Games by AHL - Milwaukee Admirals
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game February 22 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Sign Defenseman Kelly Summers to PTO - Binghamton Devils
- Penguins Recall Brandon Hawkins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sound Tigers Battle Bruins Tonight at 7 p.m. - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Shane Starrett
- Forrest Named Head Coach, Karmanos Named GM of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Mike Vellucci, Todd Reirden Hired as Assistant Coaches by Pittsburgh
- Penguins Sign Felix Robert and Luke Stevens
- Pittsburgh's Postseason Roster Features 19 Alumni of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton