LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) today announced a new five-year partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America (PBNA). PBNA will serve as the official carbonated soft drink, water and energy partner of the Club, where it will serve its signature brands to fans across all events.
For videos announcing the new partnership, click here.
To celebrate the new partnership, PBNA will work with the LAFC Foundation and LAFC goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega to continue its efforts to give back to the community by refurbishing a pitch near Banc of California Stadium that will enhance the lives of more than a thousand families and further build community pride for the game.
"We're proud to collaborate with Pepsi on a multi-faceted initiative that will bring so much joy and unity to our city, our sport and our Club," said LAFC Co-President Larry Freedman. "While it will be great to see the Pepsi brand in action at every LAFC home match and event at the Banc, it will be even better to see how they come together with our foundation and Pablo to restore a futsal pitch and provide much needed equipment for members of our community."
Aiming to address the lack of community soccer spaces in Los Angeles, especially in the city's predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods, PBNA hopes to provide a safe pitch where pride lives in order to play the sport most watched in local households.
To meet this need, PBNA will help to restore the pitch at 32nd Street / USC Performing Arts Magnet to improve the health and well-being of 1,100 students and their families. The school itself has submitted several proposals requesting a new pitch in the last few years in order to create a safe and fun environment for its students. This new pitch will fill an enormous need in the traditionally underserved community, providing opportunity and access to the game so many love.
"We wanted our partnership with LAFC to go beyond the team and focus on empowering and uplifting their fans. PepsiCo is working hard towards strengthening our Hispanic communities through our Racial Equality Journey commitments, and this pitch refurbishment is just one example of how we're investing in the future of Hispanic Angelenos by providing another outlet to show their passion and pride for the sport they love - fÃºtbol," said Johannes Evenblij, West Division President of PepsiCo Beverages North America.
In addition to the pitch restoration, PBNA and the LAFC Foundation are coming together to distribute soccer kits to hundreds of local families at the school so that they can also enjoy the sport at home. The kits will include a soccer ball, and co-branded accessories like a mesh drawstring bag, cooling towels and set of training cones.
"I know how important it is for families to be able to enjoy the unity and passion that our sport represents," said LAFC goalkeeper Pablo Sisniega. "What Pepsi is doing for the Hispanic community in L.A. is important, and I'm honored to be a part of this program that uses the game to provide hope to so many in our city."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Loans Eight Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against LA Galaxy II
- LAFC Inks New Partnership with Rockstar Energy Drink
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against Portland Timbers
- LAFC Celebrates Return to Full Capacity at Banc of California Stadium on June 19
- LAFC Loans Eight Players to Las Vegas Lights FC for Upcoming Match against San Antonio FC