Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC
MONTREAL - CF Montréal announced on Tuesday that goalkeeper Jonathan Sirois and midfielder Sean Rea have been loaned to Canadian Premier League Club Valour FC for the 2021 season, with a right to recall the players.
"As we did with other young Homegrown players in our Club like Giraldo, Yao or Ferdinand, these loans give them the possibility to play more minutes," said CF Montréal sporting director Olivier Renard. "Sirois will have the opportunity to play every weekend, which would not have been possible here. It's a great opportunity for this goalkeeper, who isn't even 20 yet, to gain experience, like James (Pantemis) did when he was loaned to this club last season. Sean has showed since the beginning of our training camp that he can play minutes in the CPL. It's good for his evolution and for us long term."
Sirois, 19, signed his first professional contract with CF Montréal on March 6, 2020. He joined the Academy in 2015 after playing with amateur club Spatial Saint-Hubert.
Sean Rea, 18, signed his first contract with the first team on December 4, 2020. The former Soccer St-Leonard player joined the Academy in 2014. He also represented Canada at the U17 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, in 2019.
Transaction: CF Montréal loaned goalkeeper Jonathan Sirois and midfielder Sean Rean to Canadian Premier League club Valour FC for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.