Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection
Foxborough, Mass. - In celebration of Major League Soccer's first season in 1996, today the League announced a retro-inspired apparel collaboration - Since '96 - with global fashion licensees Mitchell & Ness, the nation's leading nostalgia company, and New Era. As a founding MLS club, the New England Revolution are one of 11 clubs featured in the throwback line of clothing, launched as an ode to MLS' first match 25 years ago today on April 6, 1996.
The Revolution's Since '96 collection features an all-new line of apparel inspired by the club's iconic 1996 original jersey and inaugural season gear. The full collection includes Mitchell & Ness polos, sublimated mesh jerseys, a windbreaker jacket, and more, as well as hats from New Era. All 11 clubs' apparel will feature an embossed 'Since '96' hangtag, while the Revs' collection will have a 'founding club' embellishment on the garment.
The collection is now available in the Gillette Stadium ProShop, Dick's Sporting Goods, and online at MLSstore.com, with apparel prices starting at $30. Slap bracelets will be available as a gift with purchase at all team stores and will feature the retro club marks in a '90's inspired pattern.
"After an amazing 25 years of Major League Soccer, we're honored to launch our Since '96 retro collaboration to celebrate the Clubs that laid the League's foundation for its explosive growth," said Carter Ladd, MLS SVP of Brand Alliances.
"As the leading sports nostalgic company, Mitchell & Ness is thrilled to be a part of the initial re-launch of the throwback MLS logos," said Kevin Wulff, Mitchell & Ness CEO. "Fans have waited 20+ years to see these marks reintroduced, and we can't wait to deliver this authentic product to market."
"New Era is excited to partner with MLS and celebrate its legacy by bringing iconic logos to life again through our Since '96 Collection," said Tom Dickinson of New Era. "Fans will appreciate this product as it embraces the 25-year journey of the league's rich history."
The New England Revolution kick off the 2021 MLS season on Saturday, April 17 with the season-opening match against Chicago Fire FC at Soldier Field (8:30 p.m. ET). The club will then welcome fans back into Gillette Stadium for the home opener on Saturday, April 24 vs. D.C. United (8:00 p.m. ET).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Game Preview: New England Revolution at New York Red Bulls
- New England Revolution Players Collaborative Fund Unveiled with $20,000 Donation to Black Players for Change
- Revolution Top CF Montréal, 2-1
- Henry Kessler Named to United States Men's National Team Gold Cup Roster
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Cf Montreal