FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership
Frisco, TX - FC Dallas announced today that Estrella Media will serve as the club's official Spanish-Language TV partner for the 2021 and 2022 seasons in the Dallas/Fort Worth market. Dallas' first-ever Spanish-language broadcast package provides EstrellaTV's KMPX-29 television station exclusive rights to all locally broadcast FC Dallas regular season matches in Spanish.
In addition to airing all locally televised FC Dallas matches, EstrellaTV Deportes' production team will also produce a 30-minute pre and postgame show for each FC Dallas local game broadcast and a halftime show, starting with the 2021 regular season opener against the Colorado Rapids on Saturday, April 17 at 7PM CT. EstrellaTV Deportes' team will also produce exclusive FC Dallas content, interviews with players and coaches, and other related coverage that will appeal to EstrellaTV's KMPX-29 core audience.
"Estrella Media and its KMPX-29 TV station team are going to be terrific partners and we're excited to welcome them to the FC Dallas family," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "We're thrilled to add a Spanish-language telecast to our existing broadcast package to provide a range of viewing options for our fans in the Dallas/Fort Worth market."
"We are enthusiastic about partnering with FC Dallas and expanding our sports coverage in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Estrella Media's community is passionate about soccer and we are honored to be able to bring this important MLS franchise to our audience," said Peter Markham, CEO, Estrella Media, Inc. "We also look forward to bringing the excitement of the matches to our Dallas audience through innovative pre- and post-match shows and halftime coverage that will immerse the audience into the game-day experience."
The EstrellaTV Deportes team for the Spanish-language telecasts will be shared between several veteran sports newscasters, such as Francisco X. Rivera, Claudio "El Emperador" Suarez and Martin "El Pulpo" Zuñiga, to name a few. Rivera has been EstrellaTV's lead sports anchor since 2016. From 2015 to 2017, he was the voice of "Boxeo Estelar," featuring top bouts from Golden Boy Boxing. He was the first Spanish-language radio analyst of the MLS expansion franchise Los Angeles Football Club during its inaugural 2018 season and has also served as a guest analyst and sideline reporter.
Mexican legend Suarez, enjoyed a successful 18-year career in his native Mexico, playing in almost 500 matches for Pumas UNAM, Chivas, and Tigres UANL. Subsequently, he joined MLS' Chivas USA in 2006 and appeared in 64 matches throughout four seasons.
Zuñiga, better known as "El Pulpo" (The Octopus), is a professional soccer game analyst, sports anchor and former Major League Soccer goalkeeper. He is most recognized for his involvement in Liga MX and MLS, as well as the Mexican national football team. Zuñiga retired as a player in 2005.
EstrellaTV KMPX-29 is also available on Channel 29 on major cable carriers such as Spectrum (Charter), DISH, DIRECTV and Uverse.
Details surrounding FC Dallas' 2021 English TV broadcasts, radio broadcasts and talent assignments will be released soon.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo FC Split Points in First 2021 Texas Derby Meeting at Toyota Stadium
- Szabolcs Schön Called into National Team Duty
- #DALvHOU: Five Facts You Need to Know
- FC Dallas Updates Face Mask Policy for Matches at Toyota Stadium
- FC Dallas Introduces 2021 Homegrown Partner Program Class