Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup
TUCSON, Ariz.âThe Colorado Rapids continue their preseason preparations on Wednesday, April 7, when they face LA Galaxy in the Visit Tucson Sun Cup. Fans can watch a live stream of the match on ColoradoRapids.com beginning at 4 PM MT.
"We've had four good weeks of training," Rapids assistant and goalkeeper coach Chris Sharpe said. "Off the back of three or four decent games, obviously the other night wasn't what we were hoping for, but it was a good time to have that in camp. Now, we're just adhering to the principles Robin is trying to instill in the group, on both sides of the ball, and just making sure we're consistently progressing towards the first game of the season."
The Rapids are coming off a 3-0 loss to Real Salt Lake on Saturday, their first of the preseason. Colorado had previously outscored six opponents 11-1 in 350 minutes of play.
Midfielder Kellyn Acosta, forward Jonathan Lewis and defender Sam Vines rejoined the squad on Sunday after completing their mandatory quarantines upon returning from international duty. Acosta was with the U.S. Men's National Team and started both of their friendly wins over Jamaica and Northern Ireland. Lewis and Vines were with the U.S. U-23 MNT in Guadalajara, Mexico, for Concacaf Olympic Qualifying.
Colorado is just 11 days from its 2021 MLS season opener at FC Dallas on Saturday, April 17. One week later, the Rapids will host 2021 expansion side Austin FC at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Loan Darren Yapi to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Rapids Midfielder Younes Namli Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery
- Through the First Seven Games, the Rapids Offense Is Firing on All Cylinders
- Know Your Opponent: FC Cincinnati
- Kickoff Times Adjusted for Colorado Rapids Matches on August 28, October 31