Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium
COLUMBUS - Vertiv (NYSE: VRT), a global provider of critical digital infrastructure and continuity solutions, will be a Founding Partner and Official Data Center Equipment Provider of Columbus Crew SC as the club moves into its new home, New Crew Stadium, in July. Vertiv will equip the data center supporting the team's administrative and in-game IT needs, as well as sponsor a customer experience center in the stadium showcase area featuring Vertiv racks, power, cooling and IT management systems enabling a high-tech, connected fan experience.
Vertiv is headquartered in Columbus, but the connections with Crew SC that extend beyond a shared hometown were the chief motivation for the partnership.
"The Crew have become a Columbus fixture, and the new stadium is something the entire community can celebrate and enjoy. The team and organization are stewards of a global game, and their success can be traced to countless international influences," said Gary Niederpruem, chief strategy and development officer at Vertiv. "We see a lot of ourselves in the Crew story, as a Columbus-headquartered, global organization leveraging our skills, passion and international reach to succeed at the highest levels."
Vertiv infrastructure equipment will support the network that enables in-game experiences, including the scoreboard and digital signage, and point-of-sale systems throughout New Crew Stadium, as well as office and administrative IT systems for the club's front office staff. Vertiv is supplying all of the key critical digital infrastructure elements in a bespoke, integrated design, using standard building blocks of Vertiv's Liebert®, Avocent®, Geist™ brands for racks, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems, thermal management systems, monitoring and management hardware and software.
Vertiv and the Crew will also be partnering on additional endeavors, including community service projects, to be announced at a later date.
"The Crew is committed to providing a best-in-class experience for our supporters. We are proud to partner with Vertiv to design, build and service the infrastructure needed to deliver on this promise," said Stephen Lyons, Crew SC Executive Vice President & Chief Business Officer. "Vertiv's equipment is critical to the operation of our videoboards, digital signage and point-of-sale systems and will elevate the entire match-day experience at our new stadium."
Columbus Crew SC was represented by Legends Global Partnerships in this wide-ranging partnership with Vertiv.
For more information on New Crew Stadium, visit crewstadium.com. For more information on the infrastructure solutions from Vertiv, visit Vertiv.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 6, 2021
- Atlanta United Wins 1-0 vs. LD Alajuelense in Leg One of Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Open CONCACAF Champions League Play with 2-2 Road Draw against C.D. Marathon in First Leg - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Launch Galaxy Discovery Program - LA Galaxy
- Houston Dynamo FC Defeat OKC Energy 2-0 at Aveva Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Rapids' Next Preseason Test Comes Wednesday vs Galaxy in Visit Tucson Sun Cup - Colorado Rapids
- FC Dallas and Estrella Media Announce First-Ever Spanish-Language TV Broadcast Partnership - FC Dallas
- Vertiv Teams up with Columbus Crew SC as a Founding Partner and Supplier of Data Center Infrastructure for New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Launches "Since '96" Throwback Apparel Collection - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Announces New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America - Los Angeles FC
- Retro-Inspired New England Revolution Clothing Line Unveiled in Major League Soccer's Since '96 Collection - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Announce Time Change for Match vs. D.C. United - San Jose Earthquakes
- D.C. United's Kickoff Time against the San Jose Earthquakes on May 1 Changed to 11 p.m. ET - D.C. United
- LA Galaxy Launch Since '96 Retro Collection in Conjunction with Major League Soccer - LA Galaxy
- Vancouver 86ers Collection Launched as Part of Retro-Inspired Since '96 Collaboration - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Columbus Crew SC Featured in Major League Soccer's "Since '96" Collection with Nostalgic Apparel Now on Sale - Columbus Crew SC
- Major League Soccer Launches Since '96 Retro Collection - MLS
- Up Next: Week Five of Preseason - Inter Miami CF
- Jonathan Sirois and Sean Rea Loaned to Valour FC - Club de Foot Montreal
- Austin FC and Austin Pets Alive Announce Honorary Mascot Partnership - Austin FC
- CF Montreal Acquires Goalkeeper Sebastian Breza - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Announces Single-Match Tickets for Lower.com Field Are Now on Sale
- Introducing Lower.com Field: Columbus Crew Announces Long-Term Stadium Naming Rights Partnership with Lower
- Columbus Crew Announces Activations for Farewell to Historic Crew Stadium Match this Saturday
- Columbus Crew Players and Staff Presented with 2020 MLS Cup Championship Ring
- Columbus Crew Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at OhioHealth Performance Center