Koch Named ECHL Player of the Week
Coralville, Iowa - Iowa Heartlanders forward Davis Koch has been named the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for Nov. 13-20. Koch and the Heartlanders went 3-0-0-0 last week to extend the team's winning streak to six games, the second-longest streak in team history (7 games, 2021-22).
Koch scored five goals and added one assist for six points in three games against Utah last week. He registered his first two ECHL multi-goal games Friday and Saturday, including a three-point effort (2g, 1a) Friday for Iowa. He is the first Heartlanders player to win ECHL Player of the Week since Kris Bennett did it in the 2021-22 season.
Iowa has won back-to-back weekly awards; Peyton Jones was named Goaltender of the Week last week, the first goaltender in Heartlanders history to earn that distinction.
A native of Surrey, British Columbia, Koch leads the Heartlanders with seven goals and 12 points in 12 games this season.
Koch spent the last four seasons in Germany, totaling 102 points (36g-66a) in 168 games in the DEL and DEL-2.
Prior to turning pro, Koch recorded 255 points (91g-164a) in 319 career Western Hockey League games with Vancouver and Edmonton.
On behalf of Davis Koch, a case of pucks will be donated to an Iowa youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 49,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
The Heartlanders start a ten-game road trip this Wednesday and return to Xtream Arena for three games against Toledo Dec. 15-17.
Rose Club Memberships & Tickets Now Available For 2023-24 Season
Rose Club Season Ticket Memberships, Partial Plans, Mini-Plans, Flex Tickets and Single-Game Tickets are now available for the 2023-24 season, the Heartlanders' third in the ECHL. Call 319-569-PUCK or visit iowaheartlanders.com/tickets for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2023
- Tyson Helgesen Called up by Tucson, Rush Acquire Forward in Trade with Cincinnati - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - November 20 - ECHL
- Koch Named ECHL Player of the Week - Iowa Heartlanders
- Bob Chase Memorial Game this Thursday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Update - Orlando Solar Bears
- Gladiators Sign Brady Fleurent - Atlanta Gladiators
- Iowa's Koch Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Get "Lit" with Us at Our Hensville Tree Lighting: Friday, December 1 - Toledo Walleye
- Florida's Johnson Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Idaho Steelheads Weekly - Week 5 - Idaho Steelheads
- Grizzlies Weekly: Utah Hosts Newfoundland on Thanksgiving Week at Maverik Center - Utah Grizzlies
- K-Wings Weekly: Kalamazoo Launches out of Weekend, Preps for Lavender Ice Saturday - Kalamazoo Wings
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Reece Vitelli Recalled to AHL Tucson - Atlanta Gladiators
- Stingrays Weekly Report- November 20 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly No. 5: November 20, 2023 - Toledo Walleye
- Brochu a Brick Wall in 3-1 Komets Win - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Heartlanders Stories
- Koch Secures 2-1 Win with Overtime Goal vs. Fort Wayne
- Heartlanders Fight Back to Steal Point at Kalamazoo, 4-3 (OTL)
- K-Wings Take Down Heartlanders with Strong Second Period
- Heartlanders Survive Whirlwind, 3-Hour Game for 5-4 Shootout Win
- Heartlanders Fire 45 Shots But Lethemon Steals Show in 5-3 Decision