Knights Fall to Stripers 19-1 on Friday
(UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, NC) -- The Charlotte Knights fell to the Gwinnett Stripers by a score of 19-1 on Friday night from Truist Field. Charlotte's lone run of the game came on a solo home run by left fielder Mikie Mahtook in the bottom of the seventh inning.
The Stripers scored seven of their 19 runs in the top of the first inning off Charlotte starter Félix Paulino (0-1, 94.50), who was saddled with the loss. In all, the Stripers recorded 19 runs on 18 hits. A total of seven Charlotte pitchers took the mound on Friday. Position players, Joe DeCarlo and Matt Reynolds combined to pitch the final inning for the Knights.
The Knights and Stripers will continue their six-game series on Saturday at 7:04 p.m. from Truist Field. LHP Matt Tomshaw is scheduled to get the start for the Knights. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad and broadcaster Mike Pacheco will have the call for all of the action on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and CharlotteKnights.com. The game will also be broadcast live on WMYT starting at 7:00 p.m. Gates for the game open at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 7, 2021
- Hens Swept in Doubleheader as Offense Falls Short - Toledo Mud Hens
- Sounds Sweep Doubleheader in Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Bat Their Way Past the 'Birds - Memphis Redbirds
- Bisons Fall for the First in 2021 in 4-2 Defeat - Buffalo Bisons
- Griffin Jax Dazzles, But Saints Come up Short, 4-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Lowe, Padlo Blast Bulls Past Redbirds 13-5 - Durham Bulls
- Knights Fall to Stripers 19-1 on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Jacksonville Drops First Game of Season Despite Sánchez Homer - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Red Wings Snag First Win in 615 Days - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs drop their first game of the season - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- WooSox Grab First Win, 4-2 against the Bisons - Worcester Red Sox
- Cervenka Homers, But Mets Lose to RailRiders, 7-3, in Rain-Shortened Friday Night Matchup - Syracuse Mets
- Early Finish No Problem for RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- May 7 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Indianapolis - Iowa Cubs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (2-1) at Iowa Cubs (1-2) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Updated Roster & Game Notes: May 7, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Saints to "Ramp up Responsibly" as Outdoor Capacity Restrictions Are Lifted - St. Paul Saints
- Nashville Sounds and Centerplate Unveil New Menu Items at First Horizon Park - Nashville Sounds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 7, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- RailRiders Returning to Full Capacity at PNC Field Next Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Nashville Sounds Announce Tickets Are on Sale Now for All 2021 Home Games - Nashville Sounds
- Chasers Rally for Walk-Off Win in Extra Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Comeback Effort Falls Short - Iowa Cubs
- Long Balls Lift Indians out of Cubs Reach - Indianapolis Indians
- Magnificent: Manoah Fans 12 to Win Bisons Debut - Buffalo Bisons
- Maxwell Shines as Mets Fall to RailRiders, 17-11 - Syracuse Mets
- Dobnak Strong in First Start, Saints Fall in 11, 4-3 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.