IronPigs drop their first game of the season
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (3-1) three-game winning streak to start the season came to an end on Friday night as the Rochester Red Wings (1-3) won 10-3.
Luis Garcia led off the game with a home run off Kyle Glogoski (0-1) to give the Red Wings a 1-0 lead. He last led off the game with a home run on opening night. Lehigh Valley answered in the bottom of the first inning by scoring three runs - all on walks issued by Jefry Rodriguez. Rodriguez was pulled after recording just two outs.
The Red Wings proceeded to send ten batters to the plate in the top of the second inning. Glogoski did not record an out as he issued three walks, a single and recorded a hit-by-pitch before Jeff Singer entered the game to pitch in relief. With the game at 6-3, Rochester was able to add another run to their total as Carter Kieboom hit an RBI single to make the game 7-3.
Garcia hit an RBI double off Ramon Rosso in the top of the fourth inning to extend the lead for Rochester, 8-3. Two more runs came across home plate for the Red Wings in the top of the ninth inning to extend the score to 10-3.
Joan Baez (1-1) got the win for Rochester by pitching 2 1/3 scoreless innings in relief of Rodriguez.
Game 5 of the six-game series starts at 6:35 p.m. on Saturday evening at Coca-Cola Park.
Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2021 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from May 7, 2021
- Hens Swept in Doubleheader as Offense Falls Short - Toledo Mud Hens
- Sounds Sweep Doubleheader in Toledo - Nashville Sounds
- Bulls Bat Their Way Past the 'Birds - Memphis Redbirds
- Bisons Fall for the First in 2021 in 4-2 Defeat - Buffalo Bisons
- Griffin Jax Dazzles, But Saints Come up Short, 4-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Lowe, Padlo Blast Bulls Past Redbirds 13-5 - Durham Bulls
- Knights Fall to Stripers 19-1 on Friday - Charlotte Knights
- Jacksonville Drops First Game of Season Despite Sánchez Homer - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Red Wings Snag First Win in 615 Days - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs drop their first game of the season - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- WooSox Grab First Win, 4-2 against the Bisons - Worcester Red Sox
- Cervenka Homers, But Mets Lose to RailRiders, 7-3, in Rain-Shortened Friday Night Matchup - Syracuse Mets
- Early Finish No Problem for RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- May 7 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Indianapolis - Iowa Cubs
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (2-1) at Iowa Cubs (1-2) - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Updated Roster & Game Notes: May 7, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Saints to "Ramp up Responsibly" as Outdoor Capacity Restrictions Are Lifted - St. Paul Saints
- Nashville Sounds and Centerplate Unveil New Menu Items at First Horizon Park - Nashville Sounds
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - May 7, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- RailRiders Returning to Full Capacity at PNC Field Next Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Nashville Sounds Announce Tickets Are on Sale Now for All 2021 Home Games - Nashville Sounds
- Chasers Rally for Walk-Off Win in Extra Innings - Omaha Storm Chasers
- I-Cubs Comeback Effort Falls Short - Iowa Cubs
- Long Balls Lift Indians out of Cubs Reach - Indianapolis Indians
- Magnificent: Manoah Fans 12 to Win Bisons Debut - Buffalo Bisons
- Maxwell Shines as Mets Fall to RailRiders, 17-11 - Syracuse Mets
- Dobnak Strong in First Start, Saints Fall in 11, 4-3 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.