Knights Drop Tuesday's Contest to Bisons 5-3
(BUFFALO, NY) - Infielder Alcides Escobar and outfielder Luis Robert homered, but the Charlotte Knights dropped game two of their four-game series to the Buffalo Bisons by a score of 5-3 on Tuesday night at Sahlen Field in Buffalo, NY. The series is now tied up at 1-1 after the Knights won the opener on Monday night by a score of 9-7 in 10 innings.
The Knights scored the first three runs of the game on Tuesday with help from the long ball. Escobar launched his ninth home run of the season in the first inning. The two-run shot in the first came off Buffalo LHP Ryan Borucki (1-0, 4.91), who earned the win after six solid innings of work.
Two innings later, Robert, who led the game off with a triple, ripped his third home run of the season with the Knights in the top of the third inning. Robert, who hit two home runs in his Triple-A debut on Thursday night, went 2-for-4 with the home run, one RBI, and two runs scored in Tuesday's game two matchup. The 21-year-old has now hit safely in all six games with the Knights. He is batting .440 (11-for-25) with Charlotte since his promotion from Double-A Birmingham on July 9.
Charlotte RHP Donny Roach (2-5, 8.48) was saddled with the loss after he allowed five runs (one earned) on 11 hits over six innings. The Knights were charged with two errors in the game. RHP Connor Walsh struck-out four batters over two scoreless innings in relief of Roach.
Pre-game radio coverage of Wednesday's 1:05 p.m. game is set for 12:50 p.m. on 730 The Game ESPN Charlotte and CharlotteKnights.com. The "Voice of the Charlotte Knights" Matt Swierad will have the call for all of the action.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Gagnon, Tejada Propel Mets Past Indians, 5-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Tejada Leads Mets to Fourth Straight Win in 5-2 Victory over Indians - Syracuse Mets
- Brito's Hit Caps Bisons Rally in 5-3 Win over Knights - Buffalo Bisons
- De Los Santos helps own cause in win over Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Fall to Lehigh Valley Despite Gausman's Quality Start - Gwinnett Stripers
- Straily, Williams and Reinheimer Help Tides Double up Rochester, 6-3 - Norfolk Tides
- Daniel Camarena sets new Triple-A career-high with 10 strikeouts in victory - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Kent, Pawtucket Offense Dazzle in Win 5-1 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Tuesday's Contest to Bisons 5-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Hits 22nd Home Run in 5-1 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Lose Second Game of Series - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Cider & Wine Festival Returns Saturday, October 5 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-46) vs. Syracuse Mets (46-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (35-59) at Pawtucket Red Sox (38-55) - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Stripers Award Monthly Grant to Mending the Gap, Inc. - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons to Wear the 'Blue & Gold' for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, Friday, August 16 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Fall Short in Extra-Inning Slugfest, 9-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Scores Most Runs in 13 Seasons in 20-1 Victory over Indianapolis on Monday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.