Bisons to Wear the 'Blue & Gold' for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, Friday, August 16
The Buffalo Bisons today announced that they will wear special Blue & Gold Hockey-style Jerseys and Caps for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, presented by ADPRO Sports, Friday, August 16 for their game against the Durham Bulls at Sahlen Field (7:05 p.m.).
The Blue & Gold Hockey Jersey and Caps were designed and created in collaboration with the Buffalo Sabres and are available for order on Bisons.com.
The 'Hockey Night at the Ballpark' promotion will also feature visits from Sabretooth and Sabres alumni (to be announced), special in-game hockey contests and trivia and much more. All 'Hockey Night' jerseys worn by the Bisons players will be autographed and auctioned/raffled, with proceeds to benefit the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation and the Buffalo Sabres Foundation.
As a Honda fridaynightbash!, the game will also include postgame fireworks and the pregame Resurgence Brewing Happy Hour. Additional event details are to be announced.
"The Sabres have always been a tremendous downtown partner of the Bisons and we're very excited to don the Blue and Gold for the first time in our franchise's history for what will be a fun night at the ballpark," said Mike Buczkowski, President of Rich Baseball Operations.
Hockey Night Jersey Design
The Bisons' royal blue 'Hockey Night Jersey' features three gold stripes across the bottom and on the sleeves, much like the Sabres jerseys from the 1970s and 1980s. Below the gold neckline are three sweater laces printed underneath in the style of a vintage 'hockey sweater.' The Bisons' classic 'standing buffalo' crest logo is centered on the chest of the jersey, but also in the Sabres' blue and gold color scheme. The numbers printed on the back are gold and all player jerseys will have 'Buffalo' as their nameplate.
The matching New Era on-field cap is royal blue with a gold brim, once again featuring the blue and gold standing Buffalo baseball logo.
Blank 'Hockey Night Jerseys' are available in the Bisons.com online shop.
Hockey Night Caps from New Era
Hockey Night Cap designs (5950, 3950, 920) are now on sale at Bisons.com and at all Sahlen Field gift shops.
Images from this story
Buffalo Bisons 'Hockey Night at the Ballpark' jersey and cap
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 16, 2019
- Gagnon, Tejada Propel Mets Past Indians, 5-2 - Indianapolis Indians
- Tejada Leads Mets to Fourth Straight Win in 5-2 Victory over Indians - Syracuse Mets
- Brito's Hit Caps Bisons Rally in 5-3 Win over Knights - Buffalo Bisons
- De Los Santos helps own cause in win over Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Stripers Fall to Lehigh Valley Despite Gausman's Quality Start - Gwinnett Stripers
- Straily, Williams and Reinheimer Help Tides Double up Rochester, 6-3 - Norfolk Tides
- Daniel Camarena sets new Triple-A career-high with 10 strikeouts in victory - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Kent, Pawtucket Offense Dazzle in Win 5-1 - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Drop Tuesday's Contest to Bisons 5-3 - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Hits 22nd Home Run in 5-1 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Mud Hens Lose Second Game of Series - Toledo Mud Hens
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Cider & Wine Festival Returns Saturday, October 5 - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-46) vs. Syracuse Mets (46-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (35-59) at Pawtucket Red Sox (38-55) - Louisville Bats
- Gwinnett Stripers Award Monthly Grant to Mending the Gap, Inc. - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons to Wear the 'Blue & Gold' for Hockey Night at the Ballpark, Friday, August 16 - Buffalo Bisons
- Bisons Fall Short in Extra-Inning Slugfest, 9-7 - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Scores Most Runs in 13 Seasons in 20-1 Victory over Indianapolis on Monday Night - Syracuse Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.