Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit)
LONG BEACH, Calif. - The Long Beach Ice Dogs of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the Boston Bruins, is scheduled to host a visit from the ECHL's Kelly Cup championship trophy at the Long Beach Arena on March 16th at 7:30PM when the Ice Dogs host the Bakersfield Condors.
Presented annually to the ECHL's playoff champion and named after ECHL Commissioner Emeritus and former National Hockey League coach Patrick J. Kelly, the Kelly Cup was won by Long Beach Ice Dogs Head Coach Rick Adduono on two occasions, both with the South Carolina StingRays, first as an Assistant Coach in 1997 and then as a Head Coach in 2001.
All fans are welcome to have a chance to view the coveted trophy up-close at the Long Beach Arenas atrium with photo opportunities available.
The Kelly Cup stands 19 3/8 inches tall and weighs 25 3/8 pounds and is accompanied by a full-color display that chronicles and highlights the intensity and excitement of the Kelly Cup Playoffs.
The 51-day tour is scheduled to visit nine cities in six states and one Canadian province traveling 13,013 miles which is the greatest distance since the Tour began in 2004. Each of the 25 teams in the ECHL were offered the opportunity to have the Kelly Cup visit their city during the tour which was created to give fans a chance to view the coveted trophy presented annually to the postseason champion of the Premier 'AA' Hockey League since 1997 and won in 2006 by the Alaska Aces.
The Kelly Cup has gained recognition and prominence as the championship trophy of the nationwide league and is a symbol of hard work, dedication and excellence at the 'AA' level. It has been displayed on multiple occasions with both the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup and the American Hockey League's Calder Cup.
Tickets for all Ice Dogs games are available by calling an account executive at (562) ICE-DOGS, or by visiting the Long Beach Arena box office. For more information, please visit our website at www.icedogs.com. Season tickets and group sales for the 2006-07 Ice Dogs' season are on sale now. Fans may click on the TEAMLINE logo on www.icedogs.com for a free AUDIO feed for all Ice Dogs games or pay $6 for the VIDEO portion at all home games.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 12, 2007
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- St. Patrick's Day Jersey Auction This Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Kowalski gets call to NHL - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Seven Teams Battle For Five Playoff Spots In South - ECHL
- Kelly Cup Comes To Phoenix Tuesday - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Our Own Little March Through Madness - Reading Royals
- Chiefs weekly - Johnstown Chiefs
- Graham loaned to Charlotte from Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Nailers Weekly Recap - Wheeling Nailers
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Grizzlies Continue Playoff Push Thursday In Victoria - Utah Grizzlies
- Lynx weekly - Augusta Lynx
- Gladiators Playoff March Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- Condors Sweep Utah, Tied For First In Pacific Division - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers host Fresno Tuesday, Phoenix Friday - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Matchups Set With Playoff-Paced Idaho and Bakersfield - Stockton Thunder
- Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit) - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Toledo Storm weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- RoadRunners can't mess with Texas - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Dayton Bombers Weekly - Dayton Bombers
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- McCaffrey Called Up to Bridgeport, Reid Returns - South Carolina Stingrays
- Koci is 30th Former Nailers Player to Reach the NHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Checkers in tight playoff race - Charlotte Checkers
- Cyclones Weekly - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Beach Ice Dogs Stories
- Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit)
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally
- American Idol contestant William Hung to perform at Long Beach Ice Dogs game Saturday night
- Ice Dogs and fans donate over 2,000 books to charity
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday