Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally
LONG BEACH, Calif. - The Long Beach Ice Dogs of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the Boston Bruins, will host their first annual "Haute Dogs Party" at the Long Beach Arena when the Ice Dogs host the Alaska Aces on Saturday, March 17th at 7pm. The game will also celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the first 1,000 humans (sorry pooches) to receive an Ice Dogs Beer Mug. Ice Dogs players will be wearing a specialty third "St. Patrick's Day" jersey which will be auctioned off during the game and presented to the winners by the respected players after the game.
Hockey fans and dog lovers alike are invited to bring their pooch to the game and sit in a special "Haute Dog" section devoted to canine guests. Fans who purchase their game ticket through the Ice Dogs corporate office or participating "Haute Dogs" sponsor locations (Belmont Pets & LaunderPet on Broadway; LaunderPet on Main St.; Whiskers on 2nd St.; and Wags to Whiskers in the Los Altos Shopping Plaza), will be given a special free ticket for their canine companion. Portions of ticket proceeds will benefit Justin Rudd's Community Action Team (C.A.T.), a 501c3 nonprofit that provides quality events and programs to help children, animals, and the environment. Plenty of "Haute Dog" events are being planned for fans and their pets attending the game including a ceremonial first doggie puck drop, pet beauty contest, skate-boarding bulldogs, hot dog eating contest, free doggie washes, and more. Keep logging on to www.icedogs.com or www.hautedogs.org for an up to the minute event schedule and information.
For years, Justin Rudd, through his charitable organization the Community Action Team, has helped organize various activities and events for the good of the Long Beach community. From Haute Dog events such as the Bulldog Beauty Contest, the Halloween and Easter parades, and Operation Santa Paws to $1000 spelling bees, Father/Daughter dances, 5k/10k runs and turkey trots to 30-minute beach clean-ups, Rudd has dedicated his life to his community. For over a decade, the Long Beach Ice Dogs Professional Hockey Team has given back to their community through fundraising events for organizations such as Miller's Children's Hospital, The Long Beach Unified School District, the Long Beach Police Officer Association, The Long Beach Fire Department's Spark of Love Program, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Operation Santa Paws, and many more.
On Saturday, March 17, 2007 at 10:00 a.m., Ice Dogs players and staff will join Justin Rudd for his monthly 30-minute Beach Cleanup at Belmont Shore. Later that evening at 7:00pm, Rudd and the Ice Dogs will continue to open their hearts and doors as they join together to bring a night of excitement and bonding for hockey fans, dog lovers, and everyone in the community.
For ticket and other event information, contact the Ice Dogs ticket office at (562) ICE-DOGS (423-3647) or visit www.icedogs.com. For more information about Community Action Team, visit www.justinrudd.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2007
- Wildcatters Halt RoadRunners 7-3 - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Undermanned Checkers scrap their way to 2-0 win over Augusta - Charlotte Checkers
- Inferno Zap Stingrays 6-4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- 'Blades hold first place after 7-2 stomping of Gwinnett - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Fall to Everblades, 7-2 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Checkers blank Lynx, 2-0 - Augusta Lynx
- Wranglers' Nastiuk named ECHL Saver of the Month - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Rookie Defenseman Coulombe assigned to Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Falcons to Hold St. Baldrick's Day Event on March 15 - Fresno Falcons
- Dwayne Hay announces his retirement at end of regular season - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Checkers acquire Tuomi from Phoenix - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots announce a couple of roster moves prior to road trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- RoadRunners Acquire Tuomi, Deal Him To Charlotte - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Cincinnati's Ftorek Suspended One Game, Fined - ECHL
- Texas' Herring Fined - ECHL
- South Carolina's Reid Fined - ECHL
- Johnstown's Hrdel Fined - ECHL
- Tifu Named Player of Week - Dayton Bombers
- Bombers' Tifu Named In Glas Co Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Graham and Pikkarainen recalled, Donnelly traded to South Carolina - Charlotte Checkers
- Wranglers' Nastiuk Named RBC Financial Group Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Community and Promotions Update - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wednesday Is "Bikini Night" With The Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays vs. Inferno Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walsh Recalled To Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers week in review - Wheeling Nailers
- Rays Acquire Donnelly From Charlotte - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Beach Ice Dogs Stories
- Kelly Cup comes to Long Beach (for a visit)
- Long Beach lets the dogs in, literally
- American Idol contestant William Hung to perform at Long Beach Ice Dogs game Saturday night
- Ice Dogs and fans donate over 2,000 books to charity
- ECHL Commissioner Brian McKenna in Long Beach Wednesday